Roads, Sidewalks, Traffic & Streetlights.

MorpheusKajiir

Hey Devs!

So as the title suggests, this is about the road systems. I know it might not be a big issue right now, but as great as the POIs are developing, the roads, sidewalks, intersections, traffic and street lights really look like they are getting left behind. At this point I can't tell if this is where the road system will remain or if further development is planned.

The road grids generated for cities and towns have no Urban, Rural, or Suburb layout, and road widths better used for Suburbs and back alleys are used as main inner city traffic arteries. Sidewalks are only present on select POIs rather than following Urban and Suburb road paths. No road demarcations on intersections, no traffic lights or street lights following Urban and Suburb road paths. What I'm hoping to see is a variety of road maps that could include something like 3 Urban road map stamps and 2 Suburb road map stamps with sidewalks, street lights, roadside advertisements, and road signs generated along the roads and prefab intersections (some with traffic lights, some with only street signs), and maybe even a 30 degree road split for triangular buildings that split main traffic arteries. The ends of these road stamps could either connect to other road stamps, Urban dead ends, round-a-bouts, or Suburb cul-de-sac.

Quick note:

- Prefab intersections (3-way, 4-way, V-split ), round-a-bouts, dead-ends, cul-de-sac

- Urban, rural, suburb road map stamps with click-to-snap connections to road map generator, prefab Intersections, dead-ends, round-a-bouts, cul-de-sac, or other road stamps

- 30 degree main traffic artery split road (for a Triangular building POI? Pic attached)

- Sidewalks following urban & suburb roads

- Street lights following urban & suburb roads

- Street demarcations at intersections & pedestrian cross walks

- Road signs following roads in advance of prefab Intersections, dead-ends, round-a-bouts, & cul-de-sac

- Wider roads with lanes

- Roadside advertisements

I may be talking out of my butt, for all I know you may already have this in the works. But if not, this level of detail plays just as large a role as the POIs themselves in building an immersive environment. Thanks for reading.

Hebrew-Tech-from-the-air.png

Archived