Need help with my first mod *Tunneling Charges*

Razielxv

Ok so ive been working on editing the "Timed Charge" to bring back TNT. the problem i am having atm is im trying to reskin the gas barrel(i want it to be placeable) with the timed charge skin. i got the customicon for the hotbar/inv but when placing its still shows as a gas barrel. What stupid thing am i doing wrong? Also is it possible to make the time delay(i know i can edit it to make it longer once thrown) only activate once pressing "E" on it? would be nice to be able to place a roll of them and then on the last one just press E walk off and then BOOM. lastly the timed charge has in the code where it does more damage to doors,valves. is there a way to make it no be able to damage curtain types of blocks?

Hello! I have recently learned that when I ask a question with a bunch of other questions in it… I tend to not get a response as the answer is that much more complex. But I have fun with this, so here we go:

First. It’s the “MeshFile” property that determines what it looks like in the world. Copy that property from the timed charge and that should take care of that.

Second. You should attempt to replicate the dynamite actions. Where Action0 is the throwing and Action1 is the lighting of the fuse. That way you can use Action0 to throw a bunch in a pile, and use Action1 when you throw your last one, to make it ALL go boom…. and do run far away.

Third. There are codes you can use to reduce/increase damage to certain block types. For example, if you look under the <effect_group> of the stone axe, you will see this:

<passive_effect name=”DamageModifier” operation=”perc_add” value=”-.85” tags=”earth”/>

Anything that has the “tag” Earth (dirt type blocks) will receive 85% less damage. Not sure what would happen if you used -1, 0, or other integers above 1. If math is a hard subject for you, careful with these numbers here.

I hope this gives you at least a starting place in your exploring of how these xml config files work. Good Luck and have fun!

Thank you so much. i wish i was home because i would of swore i had put in the meshfile of the timed charge into the gas barrel. will have to check this when i get home from work. But since it will now be a block i wont be able to make a pile of them sadly. Though i wont know if i like it being a block till i play around with it. i dont see why using 0 would be a problem surely they would of added that as the minimum but never know. and again thank you so much. being trying to get these questions answered for about a week now. 

Archived