Flip Day and Night

Valcien

• Zombies are lethargic or sleeping at night (instinct, cold-blooded).
  • Zombie eyesight is worse than human's at night.
  • Risky to go out at night; random shift workers and special zombies are still energetic.
  • Zombies are quiet at night (habit).
  • In the darkness, zombies can sneak up on you easier (player sight range).
  • Noises stand out slightly more at night.

• Zombies are energetic during the day (instinct, ectotherms).
  • Zombies spot you from max distance and run to your general area.
  • Risky to adventure during the day.
  • Increased awareness means more reaction time.
  • Zombies deliberatly make noise during the day.
  • Zombie activity makes noise less conspicuous (zombies probe the noise of players but also other zombies).

Going out at night or day is a trade-off. When zombies are at their most dangerous, is when players are the most aware.

This makes the game scarier; players spend more time running for their lives @%$*#!ting their pants. In it's current state players simply play it safe at night and take risks during the day. The pants @%$*#!ting scariness of night is mostly wasted.

On 5/25/2020 at 9:16 PM, Valcien said:
  •  In it's current state players simply play it safe at night and take risks during the day.

Maybe it's because I play Vanilla settings, but none of my friends/people I play this game with do this after day 3.  Not to sound argumentative, but this is a new concept to me?  I mean, yeah, the Zs are faster, but why waste all night hiding?  Seems like a waste of time/boring to me.  Again, not trying to argue.  I have just never understood this mindset.

Archived