A few questions about modifying spawning

dyre

update: nevermind I figured it out! I'd delete the thread or change the title but there doesn't seem to be any way to do either.

Hello,

Long time player here since Alpha...10, I think? Just getting back in after many years and I'm really liking these new POIs. Anyway, I've been trying to recreate the larger zombie populations (i.e. like in previous builds) through the XML files. Specifically, I'm hoping to spawn in a lot of zombies initially but then have them only slowly spawn back afterwards, so places that I've painstakingly cleared out stay cleared for awhile.

Now, I know these lines (and similar ones, just using this example) in the code are what changes spawning

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

I just have a few questions:

1. If I set maxcount to 10 and respawndelay to 50 in an existing game, will unexplored cells take 50 days to get those 30 maxcount? Or will they immediately have 10 maxcount the first time I explore them, and then after I've cleared that initial group, they won't respawn for another 50 days? Basically I want to stop respawns, but I don't want to delay the initial spawn.

2. Is there any way to spawn fewer sleepers and more "awake" zombies? It's kinda lame that I'll roll into town blasting away with my AK47, only to enter a nearby building to find all the zombies slept through the whole thing! They only seem to realize I'm there when I'm banging on the door. Makes the game feel less like an open world game and more like an old dungeon crawl where enemies never leave their rooms. Alternately, would it be possible to expand the detection/wake-up radius of the sleeper zombies? If they could "wake up" from my gunshots and start breaking out of their houses and moving onto the street to attack me, that would be just as good.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Archived