Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
doughphunghus

doughphunghus

15 hours ago, Arez said:

I'm on A21.2. 

I'm assuming installing it requires me to replace the "worldglobal" file that's in the 7 Days config folder with the one I extracted from the zip, correct? I didn't see any other files or folders that I usually see with mods.

That's what I did and it made that everywhere was gray, like there was super dense fog no matter the biome or time of day. I could only see a block's worth of space in front of me.

I would LOVE to get this mod to work. It's one of my two issues with the game. 

Most of my mods were migrated from a20 to a21 and tested/playtested on a21.0, so its possible there is an issue with the latest versions of the game, but first we need to make sure the mod(s) are properly installed, and copying over game files is not the correct way (for my mods).

It may be worth looking up "how to install mods" for a21: There are many ways

I use Ubuntu, not Windows so I just make a "Mods" folder in my games install directory and put the mods there. One place I believe should have decent/current windows specific instructions for doing ths (but I have not tested on Windows) is here: https://7daystodiemods.com/how-to-install-7-days-to-die-mods/ . There is a note at the bottom about "Alpha 20.4 b42" (and probably any version above this) that has new alternative places for mods, and its possible the  current "Mods" folder location will change or be invalid in future releases IMHO.

Also: There are several methods to install mods/overhauls, one is a mod launcher/app which I have not tested but looks "up to date":

Extra info if needed:

All of my mods are supposed to be put into a "Mods" folder in the games base directory (this folder you may have to create if you have not created it, the game install does not create it), and not by replacing any of the games files. Replacing the games files I believe was an older way of installing/adding mods, or may be done for some large overhaul mods but that was a long time ago and possibly only for certain overhaul mods still today?

All of my mods (and may other mods do as well) and should have this general structure (and more files/folders may be present, this is just an example to pinpoint the top level folder). NOTE: You have to unzip them if they are zipped, and sometimes? (depending on how they are downloaded?)  unzipping creates an extra top level folder you need to not use!

<modname>/Config/<files.xml>

Where:

<modname> = This is the toplevel folder and name of the mod, like "Doughs-Lights-HarderToCraft". 

Note: To prove its the toplevel folder, inside this folder is a ModInfo.xml that will contain more info about the mod "friendly name" name and version. If this file is not immediately inside the "toplevel folder" you put into the "Mods" folder, the game will not load the mod.

Config = a folder literally named "Config"

<files.xml> = any files that have an .xml extension.

ADDITIONALLY: You will have to use Steam to repair the game/install if you have already copied over the game files with my mods and didn't make a backup.  repair the game first ( where it runs without mods) and then try the methods to install mods I gave.  If you still have issues, let me know. The fog mod (if this is what you are using) has pretty thick fog when its working which might not be to everyone's tastes, but its an easy mod to make changes to to lighten the fog up, or just make it day/night fog.

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

14 hours ago, Arez said:

I'm on A21.2. 

I'm assuming installing it requires me to replace the "worldglobal" file that's in the 7 Days config folder with the one I extracted from the zip, correct? I didn't see any other files or folders that I usually see with mods.

That's what I did and it made that everywhere was gray, like there was super dense fog no matter the biome or time of day. I could only see a block's worth of space in front of me.

I would LOVE to get this mod to work. It's one of my two issues with the game. 

Most of my mods were migrated from a20 to a21 and tested/playtested on a21.0, so its possible there is an issue with the latest versions of the game, but first we need to make sure the mod(s) are properly installed, and copying over game files is not the correct way (for my mods).

It may be worth looking up "how to install mods" for a21: There are many ways

I use Ubuntu, not Windows so I just make a "Mods" folder in my games install directory and put the mods there. One place I believe should have decent/current windows specific instructions for doing ths (but I have not tested on Windows) is here: https://7daystodiemods.com/how-to-install-7-days-to-die-mods/ . There is a note at the bottom about "Alpha 20.4 b42" (and probably any version above this) that has new alternative places for mods, and its possible the  current "Mods" folder location will change or be invalid in future releases IMHO.

Also: There are several methods to install mods/overhauls, one is a mod launcher/app which I have not tested but looks "up to date":

Extra info if needed:

All of my mods are supposed to be put into a "Mods" folder in the games base directory (this folder you may have to create if you have not created it, the game install does not create it), and not by replacing any of the games files. Replacing the games files I believe was an older way of installing/adding mods, or may be done for some large overhaul mods but that was a long time ago and possibly only for certain overhaul mods still today?

All of my mods (and may other mods do as well) and should have this general structure (and more files/folders may be present, this is just an example to pinpoint the top level folder). NOTE: You have to unzip them if they are zipped, and sometimes? (depending on how they are downloaded?)  unzipping creates an extra top level folder you need to not use!

<modname>/Config/<files.xml>

Where:

<modname> = This is the toplevel folder and name of the mod, like "Doughs-Lights-HarderToCraft". 

Note: To prove its the toplevel folder, inside this folder is a ModInfo.xml that will contain more info about the mod "friendly name" name and version. If this file is not immediately inside the "toplevel folder" you put into the "Mods" folder, the game will not load the mod.

Config = a folder literally named "Config"

<files.xml> = any files that have an .xml extension.