Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
doughphunghus

doughphunghus

On 11/2/2023 at 4:55 AM, Swordsman said:

Hi all. Please help, I have almost no experience with mods, how can I get this mod to work? I created a Mods folder in the game folder, and placed the Doughs-Ambiance-DarkNights folder there with the mod itself inside. I checked it in the game - it doesn’t work, the nights are still light. Then I read somewhere that I need to create a Mods folder in %APPDATA%/7DaysToDie/ - ok, I created it there and also put the folder with the mod inside, it still doesn’t work. What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure actually where mods go on Windows systems as i am not using Windows and i put mine in the game folder (under the "7 Days to Die" folder) and it works on my system.  I think they did make changes on windows but someone else is probably more able to help you on the Windows location. Be aware though that in game the darkest night seems to be 2 AM on Day 5 (the game naturally has different lighting each night, darkening from day 1 to seemingly day 5 (darkest) and then it starts getting lighter, and day 10 should be another darkest night.

What version of the game are you running? I have not tested the mod on the latest experimental builds

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

On 11/2/2023 at 4:55 AM, Swordsman said:

Hi all. Please help, I have almost no experience with mods, how can I get this mod to work? I created a Mods folder in the game folder, and placed the Doughs-Ambiance-DarkNights folder there with the mod itself inside. I checked it in the game - it doesn’t work, the nights are still light. Then I read somewhere that I need to create a Mods folder in %APPDATA%/7DaysToDie/ - ok, I created it there and also put the folder with the mod inside, it still doesn’t work. What am I doing wrong?

Im not sure actually where mods go on Windows systems as i am not using Windows and i put mine in the game folder (under the "7 Days to Die" folder) and it works on my system.  I think they did make changes on windows but someone else is probably more able to help upu on the Windows location. Be aware though that in game the darkest night seems to be 2 AM on Day 5 (the game naturally has different lighting each night, darkening from day 1 to seemingly day 5 (darkest) and then it starts getting lighter, and day 10 should be another darkest night.

What version of the game are you running? I have not teated the mod on the latest experimental builds