Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
caatalyst

caatalyst

13 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

@caatalyst

Currently the mod contains a single XML file: worldglobal.xml

In this, there are only 2 variables being changed from vanilla, and I bet "ambientMoon" is the one you want to modify to make the outside a little brighter:

<set xpath="/worldglobal/environment/property[@name='ambientMoon']/@value">0, 0</set>

What I don't know is "how bright you want it"...

The vanilla "ambientMoon" settings are this:

<property name="ambientMoon" value=".9, .3"/><!-- add, scale -->

So its likely the first number in my mod you will want to change.  Mine sets the 0.9 to 0.  I believe that 1 is "as bright as it can be" and 0 is "not bright at all" (0 brightness?) so we have a scale of 0 -> 1 to work with, and decimals are allowed. I don't know if the game would accept 0.85 (it probably will, as otehr vars use 2 or 3 or more decimal places, but I don't know the literal data type of this specific variable to say definitely). There is another setting I changed to make the "sky scale" be less bright, but the "ambientMoon" has got to be the one literally lighting up the night....

So: what to change it to?  I would guess to try changing it to .3 first and see if that works, so the worldglobal.xml in my mod would like this:

<set xpath="/worldglobal/environment/property[@name='ambientMoon']/@value">.3, 0</set>

Then start up a test game and see if it "works". Then as days progress in the game, make note of if its still too bright or not, and adjust up/down by .1 until you like it.

NOTE: you can change the day/time from the command console in the game (so you can immediately see nighttime, and on different days) by:

- starting a game.

- when the player enters the game, hit the "F1" key to being up the command console

- Enter "debug mode" by typing in the console: dm

- hit the "enter" key.  It should say something like "debug on" or debug mode on"

- use the "settime" command to choose the day and time of day (all at once).  Type in the command console: settime 2 18 3 5 (and hit enter) to have the day jump to 2, the hour jump to 18, and the hour to 3, the minute to 5.  You can jump back and forth in game time using this command.

- When you are done, either close the test game down, or (to exit debug mode), type again in the command console: dm

and it will say something like "debug off"

- hit F1 again to close the command console (or the close button on the right of it).

NOTE: It seems (to me) the darkest time to test night will ever get to is day 5 at 2 AM

Amazing thank you so much!

caatalyst

caatalyst

13 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

@caatalyst

Currently the mod contains a single XML file: worldglobal.xml

In this, there are only 2 variables being changed from vanilla, and I bet "ambientMoon" is the one you want to modify to make the outside a little brighter:

<set xpath="/worldglobal/environment/property[@name='ambientMoon']/@value">0, 0</set>

What I don't know is "how bright you want it"...

The vanilla "ambientMoon" settings are this:

<property name="ambientMoon" value=".9, .3"/><!-- add, scale -->

So its likely the first number in my mod you will want to change.  Mine sets the 0.9 to 0.  I believe that 1 is "as bright as it can be" and 0 is "not bright at all" (0 brightness?) so we have a scale of 0 -> 1 to work with, and decimals are allowed. I don't know if the game would accept 0.85 (it probably will, as otehr vars use 2 or 3 or more decimal places, but I don't know the literal data type of this specific variable to say definitely). There is another setting I changed to make the "sky scale" be less bright, but the "ambientMoon" has got to be the one literally lighting up the night....

So: what to change it to?  I would guess to try changing it to .3 first and see if that works, so the worldglobal.xml in my mod would like this:

<set xpath="/worldglobal/environment/property[@name='ambientMoon']/@value">.3, 0</set>

Then start up a test game and see if it "works". Then as days progress in the game, make note of if its still too bright or not, and adjust up/down by .1 until you like it.

NOTE: you can change the day/time from the command console in the game (so you can immediately see nighttime, and on different days) by:

- starting a game.

- when the player enters the game, hit the "F1" key to being up the command console

- Enter "debug mode" by typing in the console: dm

- hit the "enter" key.  It should say something like "debug on" or debug mode on"

- use the "settime" command to choose the day and time of day (all at once).  Type in the command console: settime 2 18 3 5 (and hit enter) to have the day jump to 2, the hour jump to 18, and the hour to 3, the minute to 5.  You can jump back and forth in game time using this command.

- When you are done, either close the test game down, or (to exit debug mode), type again in the command console: dm

and it will say something like "debug off"

- hit F1 again to close the command console (or the close button on the right of it).

NOTE: It seems (to me) the darkest time to test night will ever get to is day 5 at 2 AM

Amazing thank you so much!