Making the Half CNR Inside 2 blocks available to the player.

Dannyboyo2

For those who don't know what blocks I'm referring to, I referring to these.

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/7daystodie_gamepedia/c/c6/BrickHalfBlockCornerInside2.png?version=25eda7e14c3c40762a41a0ed1b85ee5d

I tried to do it myself, but for some reason, it didn't work.

<block name="brickHalfCNRInside2">
<property name="Extends" value="brickNoUpgradeMaster"/>
<property name="Shape" value="New"/>
<property name="Path" value="solid"/>
<property name="Model" value="cupboard_corner"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="shapeHalfCNRInside2"/>
<property name="SortOrder2" value="0063"/> <!-- SortShape -->
</block>

I thought that by changing the "Extends" value from 'brickNoUpgradeMaster' to 'brickMaster' (to give an example), it would become available to player in the shape selection menu. But every time I tried to implement my mod, I kept on getting these errors.

EXC Extends block flagstoneMaster is not specified for block flagstoneHalfCNRInside2'
Exception: Extends block flagstoneMaster is not specified for block flagstoneHalfCNRInside2'
 at BlocksFromXml+<CreateBlocks>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00171] in <9d3ce62bccb44fc0b638ccdfcdc35c56>:0 
 at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <9d3ce62bccb44fc0b638ccdfcdc35c56>:0 

I tried both appending & setting the my mod's blocks.xml xpath to no avail. What exactly am I doing wrong?

To add a new block to the shape selection menu you want to find the VariantHelper block.

For example brickBlockVariantHelper:

<block name="brickBlockVariantHelper">
<property name="Extends" value="brickBlock"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="brickBlock"/>
<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="blockVariantHelperGroupDesc"/>
<property name="ItemTypeIcon" value="all_blocks"/>
<property name="SelectAlternates" value="true" />
<property name="PlaceAltBlockValue" value="brickBlock,brickRamp,brickArch,brickCNRFull,brickCNRInside,brickCNRRamp,brickCNRRampFiller,brickCTRpole,brickGableInvertedHalf,brickGableInvertedQuarter,brickGableInvertedSteep,brickGableQuarter,brickPlate,brickQuarterCNR,brickQuarterCNR3Way,brickQuarterSCtr,brickQuarterTeeSCtr,brickStairs25,brickStairs25CornerCNR,brickStairsFilledRailingLeft,brickStairsFilledRailingRight,brickWedgeCNRInsideBottom,brickWedgeCNRInsideSteepBase,brickWedgeCNRInsideSteepTop,brickWedgeCNRInsideTop,brickWedgeCNRSteepBase,brickWedgeCNRSteepTop,brickWedgeIncline,brickWedgeStairs,brickWedgeTipCNRFullBottom,brickWedgeTipCNRFullTop,brickWedgeTipStairs"/>
</block>

You'll want to add the new block to the list under the PlaceAltBlockValue property.

I've never attempted to add a new value onto a list of values, but you could probably remove the property entirely and then append a revised list.

Archived