Alpha 18.1 - Bleed Debuff reduction ?

TyrantXP

I'm not sure exactly what you want to change, but it's all in buffs.xml.

You might want to look at buffInjuryBleedingZombie which is what adds bleed counters to zombies.

A bit further down is buffInjuryBleeding, it's what runs the HealthMaxModifierOT and HealthChangeOT effects for things with bleed counters.

It has a duration of 20, and a stack type of replace, so the duration refreshes every time an entity gets hit with a bleed weapon.

Basically the bleed amount is equal to the bleed counter, so with 5 stacks things take 5 damage per update.

If you want to weaken it the easiest way is to just reduce the duration, alternatively you could reduce the maximum stacks (or both).

It'd be a lot trickier to make it give less than 1:1 damage per counter, but you could just do multiple operations.

IE the original set is this:

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$bleedAmount" operation="set" value="@bleedCounter"/>

If you wanted it to do 2/3rds damage per stack you could try something like this:

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$bleedAmount" operation="set" value="@bleedCounter"/>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$bleedAmount" operation="multiply" value="3">
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$bleedAmount" operation="divide" value="2">

It might have weird rounding issues though, since I'm not sure if $bleedAmount is a float or an integer (decimal or whole number).

If you have some specific thing you wanted I can probably make you a modlet for it, unless you want to do it yourself.

Yeah, basically 'modlets' can run xml patches to edit the core config files without replacing them, allowing multiple mods that need to edit the same file work together without manually editing them.

Compatibility can still be an issue between two modlets that edit the same parts of the same files, but that'll always be an issue.

For more information I suggest checking out the XPath-Modding-Explanation-Thread.

Archived