Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ShoudenKalferas

ShoudenKalferas

I really appreciate the extra information on the Bear Grylls quest's rally point. I had noticed similar but hadn't had the time to take it to the extent of narrowing it down to specifically working single player but not dedicated servers. That's really disappointing as Spirit of Vengence has basically the same rally point code. would appreciate any comparison ya'll could make to that quest at least to confirm you are seeing the same behavior.

The vanilla game doesn't have many rally point examples that don't use a POI to trigger. I even tried rewriting it as a gameevent but that also didn't fix it. If someone has any other quest code they are aware of that is working with a rally point, please share.

I suppose I could change the quest to work similar to how some other ones work.. maybe give the player a map to go dig something up, which has maybe a quest starter item/paper. Maybe I could find some kind of item that looks like a whistle and could call it the bear whistle which when used spawns the bear to kill. I think this kind of methodology would work for it. Since ya'll have helped me confirm that this is a dedicated server issue (which is why I wasn't catching it on my local testing), I'll see what else I can come up with to do away with these rally points that are being problematic.

ShoudenKalferas

ShoudenKalferas

I really appreciate the extra information on the Bear Grylls quest's rally point. I had noticed similar but hadn't had the time to take it to the extent of narrowing it down to specifically working single player but not dedicated servers. That's really disappointing as Spirit of Vengence has basically the same rally point code. would appreciate any comparison ya'll could make to that quest at least to confirm you are seeing the same behavior.

The vanilla game doesn't have many rally point examples that don't use a POI to trigger. I even tried rewriting it as a gameevent but that also didn't fix it. If someone has any other quest code they are aware of that is working, please share.

I suppose I could change the quest to work similar to how some other ones work.. maybe give the player a map to go dig something up, which has maybe a quest starter item/paper. Maybe I could find some kind of item that looks like a whistle and could call it the bear whistle which when used spawns the bear to kill. I think this kind of methodology would work for it. Since ya'll have helped me confirm that this is a dedicated server issue (which is why I wasn't catching it on my local testing), I'll see what else I can come up with to do away with these rally points that are being problematic.