Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
xyth

xyth

CCTVs:   Works on V1

Adds 8 panning security cameras and 2 CCTV wall monitors. Each comes in a large and small size. Monitors do not require power but must be wired, but can then be unwired. Cameras require the same wiring/unwiring if you want them to pan. The cameras will either pan or aim forward based on pressing E. I cannot make them pause in mid-pan, as I'm not using code for any of this.

Monitors will rotate to the next camera image every 5 seconds unless you press E to pause it. The 5th screen shows all 4 cameras at once and you can also pause there. Monitor 1 shows cams 0-3, monitor 2 shows cams 4-7.

You may use multiple copies and/or sizes of the monitors, but you can only have 1 of each camera number active. For example, if you place two camera zero's, only the last one placed will show on the monitor. Don't do this as each camera uses FPS.

CCTVs.thumb.jpg.059a699b58a2882d7bc70eb6061544a4.jpg

See it in action:

Download it here: https://github.com/7D2D/V1.0-Mods/blob/main/CCTV.zip

Dedi Installation: Modlet needs to be loaded on both the dedicated server and each client.

Comments:

I added a bigger screen and smaller cameras. Let me know what else would be useful.

Should look bright in daylight or in a darkened room now.

Warning: Each camera used lowers FPS slightly so don't use more than your rig can handle 🙂 ... Be sure to have VSync "Off" as that seems to hurt FPS badly.

Also, I noticed at long distances, in my case cameras on a tall pole above ground and a monitor at bedrock, the cameras occasionally lose sync and transmission is intermittent. Moving the monitor closer to the cameras resolves this.

You MUST turn off Occlusion in the Video Quality settings or the camera will cull (make invisible) somethings when indoors

* Credit to Eihwaz for cleaning up and improving the xml in this mod, and for providing localization for our German speaking friends.

xyth

xyth

CCTVs:   Works on A21.2/A20/A19

Adds 8 panning security cameras and 2 CCTV wall monitors. Each comes in a large and small size. Monitors do not require power but must be wired, but can then be unwired. Cameras require the same wiring/unwiring if you want them to pan. The cameras will either pan or aim forward based on pressing E. I cannot make them pause in mid-pan, as I'm not using code for any of this.

Monitors will rotate to the next camera image every 5 seconds unless you press E to pause it. The 5th screen shows all 4 cameras at once and you can also pause there. Monitor 1 shows cams 0-3, monitor 2 shows cams 4-7.

You may use multiple copies and/or sizes of the monitors, but you can only have 1 of each camera number active. For example, if you place two camera zero's, only the last one placed will show on the monitor. Don't do this as each camera uses FPS.

See it in action:

Download it here: https://github.com/7D2D/A20Mods/blob/main/CCTV.zip

Dedi Installation: Modlet needs to be loaded on both the dedicated server and each client.

Comments:

I added a bigger screen and smaller cameras. Let me know what else would be useful.

Warning: Each camera used lowers FPS slightly so don't use more than your rig can handle 🙂 ... Be sure to have VSync "Off" as that seems to hurt FPS badly.

Also, I noticed at long distances, in my case cameras on a tall pole above ground and a monitor at bedrock, the cameras occasionally lose sync and transmission is intermittent. Moving the monitor closer to the cameras resolves this.

You MUST turn off Occlusion in the Video Quality settings or the camera will cull (make invisible) somethings when indoors

* Credit to Eihwaz for cleaning up and improving the xml in this mod, and for providing localization for our German speaking friends.

xyth

xyth

CCTVs:   Works on A20/A19

See it in action:

Download it here: https://github.com/7D2D/A20Mods/blob/main/CCTV.zip

Comments: