Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
CrazyCelt

CrazyCelt

Hi there.  I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on this:  I've been playing The Wasteland mod lately, but the constant profanity when using hirelings or encountering raiders has become annoying, especially since lately I often have family hanging out watching me play. 

I poked around in the Sounds.xml (both in the Wasteland mod folder as well as the NPCmod one) and tried commenting out the sections for the VO sounds included under "GuyAttack" (and all of the 'Guy' sections, even), and/or subbing in a 'silence sound' instead, but have seen zero change in-game. 

I have a fairly decent amount of modding/tinkering experience, and have successfully made or tweaked a few small mods to my liking, however the solution to this particular issue has eluded me so far.  I've even tried renaming the source file for the humanoid VO with no change (except errors in the console, of course).  Seems like maybe disabling the specific voice lines in The Wasteland's sounds.xml just causes NPCmod to default to it's own source files for the same VO (but I didn't find an XML file to tweak those)?
I realize that Fallout had a ton of foul-mouthed raiders, etc... it's thematic and all.  I get it, but for my ongoing personal playthrough (and often not alone) I'd like to shut them up if possible.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

CrazyCelt

CrazyCelt

Hi there.  I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on this:  I've been playing The Wasteland mod lately, but the constant profanity when using hirelings or encountering raiders (via this mod) has become annoying, especially since lately I often have family hanging out watching me play. 

I poked around in the Sounds.xml (both in the Wasteland mod folder as well as the NPCmod one) and tried commenting out the sections for the VO sounds included under "GuyAttack" (and all of the 'Guy' sections, even), and/or subbing in a 'silence sound' instead, but have seen zero change in-game. 

I have a fairly decent amount of modding/tinkering experience, and have successfully made or tweaked a number of other mods to my liking, however the solution to this particular issue has eluded me so far.  I've even tried renaming the source file for the humanoid VO with no change (except errors in the console, of course).  Seems like maybe disabling the specific voice lines in The Wasteland's sounds.xml just causes NPCmod to default to it's own source files for the same VO (but I didn't find an XML file to tweak those)?
I realize that Fallout had a ton of foul-mouthed raiders, etc... it's all thematic and everything. I get it, but for my ongoing personal playthrough (and often not alone) I'd like to shut them up if possible.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!