Special Zombies

BkBarracas

I think it'd be really great to open it up to the public forum and see what ideas we can spitball and find out what news on special hoardes or zombies in developement is around :) . [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Hi guys, I love this game, and I got 7 friends to all purchase it and we all enjoy it very much. One thing we found, we get to the 7th day, on 7 days to die and we seem to of come to a point where we can infinitely sustain oursleves. In terms of feedback, we knwo this games in alpha and are all very impressed and pleased with our purchases. But we are Hopign that It maybe pissible to add soem sort of difficulty scaling into the game. Adding special zombies into a hoarde and such would really mix things up and make the game much more challenging. For example, looting during the day, and a wild pack of zombie dogs ambushing us would be a great mechanic increasing risk of looting and such. Or incorporating a range of special zombie types could really mix things up and increase the difficulty. Zombies that chase and run when a survivier near by is injured, or exploding zombies with some kind of effect whether it be a slowing effect or blinding. These are just general ideas guys and I think it'd be really great to open it up to the public forum and see what ideas we can spitball and find otu what news on special hoardes or zombies in developement is around :) .

I suggested that the infection/mutation starts to evolve and so the zombies go through transformation - infection needs new host(s), and so it evolves, and zombies transform into better "hunters". It'd would be cool to witness the transformation with your own eyes. Maybe make transforming zombies - while the process of transformation is still on - into deadliest thing of all times, so you would need to run as fast as you can away from the transforming one. Transforming zombies would have their senses maxed out, maybe even have intelligence, somehow, and maybe they'd even be stronger due to the chemical reaction overflowing energy input, and faster - deadlier. ^^

Good thing I saw this thread. I was about to start a new one for this. I don't know how hard it would be for them to have transforming zombies, but I would like a bigger variety of special zombies, and maybe just have the stronger ones appear after 7-14 days. OK, I thought of 3 special zombie types so far: 1. Tall zombie - three blocks high is how tall they are and they attack blocks at eye level, and can climb over blocks that are 2 high 2. Macho zombie - bodybuilding zombie that does twice as much damage as normal zombies 3. Construction zombie - construction worker with construction hat on that makes him take reduced damage to the head I also thought about some type of boss zombie that would do insane damage to buildings who doesn't show up until like 21 days later, but I don't know how realistic that would be, or what kind of zombie would work for that status. I also thought about child zombies 1 block tall that come at you with a knife or metal toy, but I can't think of a good toy and wouldn't want them to come off as a "Chucky" zombie. Please let me know what you think about the ones I have so far, and add more ideas to this topic.

An old RPG game (pen and paper not PC) I used to play called G.U.R.P.S. had all sorts of genres. One of them was a zombie apocalypse where the players were not limited to being survivors but could also be extraordinary zombies instead. The source book was called “All flesh must be eaten”. Perhaps I will order two copies one for myself and one for the pimps to dig for ideas, my friend has the book and the stuff in it sounded very creative and interesting. They apparently also offered several expansions such as “enter the zombie” which brought Hong Kong high action to the scene with things like a zombie master using his own intestines as a whip or flinging some of their regenerating bones as throwing knives. That stuff might seem to cheesy but by day 25 we need something more challenging than the same mindless hordes dyeing on spikes or falling into our mile deep trenches. And tell me you wouldn’t crap yourself the first time a zombie drags you into the mob by lassoing you with his own intestines.

• 2 weeks later...
I wish more people would post ideas on this thread. I remember something one of the devs said about zombies raging when they kill a survivor or animal (I think madmole said this). I like the idea of a zombies grabbing you to keep you in place, just not by using their own intestine as a lasso (sorry Grotto). As for the zombie dog pack running through town. That sounds very challenging. Maybe if they spawn after day 21 or something like that. The 7th day horde craze is awesome, but they do need to escalate more for day 14, and day 21, and so on. I think they should just include new special zombies at the 7 day intervals that make their debut in the crazed horde night. I've added a few of my own ideas for special zombies (although I realize issues with having the tall zombie that is 3 blocks high). I want to read creative posts by people for special zombies: stats, abilities, when they make their debut, maybe even a background story, anything!

I've posted some ideas before at [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?9491-IDEA-Moaner-Stinker-and-Wind-Mechanics&p=117412#post117412[/url] recap: Special infected 1 (Retch) An infected that vomits and/or bursts when killed and players that are hit will attract infected to them (just like having venison stew on your belt). This could also justify having some sort of item that cancels smell for a time. Special infected 2 (Fallen Survivor) Instead of the Bloated Infected have infected that look eerily like player characters (to me it makes sense that a fallen survivor would have better loot that a chubby dead guy) Special infected 3 (Juggernaut) A slightly bulkier infected that causes "flinch" when hitting a player and any time they would be running the initial hit would cause knockback. Special infected 4 (Leaper) Pretty much the same as the spider but enable them to jump at any time they would be running. Special infected 5 (Screamer) They act like regular infected but when they first notice a player they Scream alerting other infected to the players position additionally if they scream too close to a player they would cause a nausea debuff that will cause the player to stop for a couple of seconds and vomit (so no shooting or running and it would lower food and hydration levels) Special infected 6 ("Hot" Infected) These infected are highly radioactive and just being in the immediate area of one of these infected would cause damage. (Also they glow in the dark ) Special infected 7 (Fogger) When these infected go active they bellow a thick fog that obscures sight and lets it and other infected act as if were night in the area.

Not so much an idea for a special zombie but where they should appear. Now that zombies no longer run indoors , the challenge of looting a large building is gone. Some special zombies should appear only inside buildings. For whatever reason (some lingering attachment perhaps) They cant be lured outside either. They should have distinct sounds so players know to expect trouble if they go inside.

[QUOTE=BkBarracas;113826]I think it'd be really great to open it up to the public forum and see what ideas we can spitball and find out what news on special hoardes or zombies in developement is around :) . [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Hi guys, I love this game, and I got 7 friends to all purchase it and we all enjoy it very much. One thing we found, we get to the 7th day, on 7 days to die and we seem to of come to a point where we can infinitely sustain oursleves. In terms of feedback, we knwo this games in alpha and are all very impressed and pleased with our purchases. But we are Hopign that It maybe pissible to add soem sort of difficulty scaling into the game. Adding special zombies into a hoarde and such would really mix things up and make the game much more challenging. For example, looting during the day, and a wild pack of zombie dogs ambushing us would be a great mechanic increasing risk of looting and such. Or incorporating a range of special zombie types could really mix things up and increase the difficulty. Zombies that chase and run when a survivier near by is injured, or exploding zombies with some kind of effect whether it be a slowing effect or blinding. These are just general ideas guys and I think it'd be really great to open it up to the public forum and see what ideas we can spitball and find otu what news on special hoardes or zombies in developement is around :) .[/QUOTE] We already have zombie dogs that travel in packs and exploding police zombies who spit acid at you and destroy blocks with it. When on low health, these zombies sprint at you and explode. We also have spider zombies that climb walls. We have mutated hornets that attack from the air. We have fat zombies and frozen zombies that have more health. We have plenty of special zombies for this stage of the game. Also, every seventh day, a huge horde of zombies attacks you.

Archived