Noise-based Aggro?

zocElectrode

Yes,

Check sounds.xml

Search for this: <SoundDataNode name="Auger_Fire_Start">

That will show an example for the auger. Others should be in sounds.xml as well.

My understanding is that this line points to the audio file to play for the auger inside of the resources/assets file. Does the sound in decibels directly effect aggro, or is this set elsewhere?

My understanding is that this line points to the audio file to play for the auger inside of the resources/assets file. Does the sound in decibels directly effect aggro, or is this set elsewhere?

You're correct about the sounds being in the resources/assets, however the sound that you hear is separate from the sound that Z's hear. That is configurable via sounds.xml

specifically

<Noise ID="4" range="30" volume="60" time="2" heat_map_strength="0.2" heat_map_time="90"/>

You're correct about the sounds being in the resources/assets, however the sound that you hear is separate from the sound that Z's hear. That is configurable via sounds.xml

As an example, are you meaning that I could change the "auger_fire_start" node to the "dryfire" node and zombies hear a quiet noise that would barely draw attention? If this is not correct, could you point me in the right direction. Thank you for your guidance, by the way.

As an example, are you meaning that I could change the "auger_fire_start" node to the "dryfire" node and zombies hear a quiet noise that would barely draw attention? If this is not correct, could you point me in the right direction. Thank you for your guidance, by the way.

I'm suggesting that you could create a simple modlet that changes the values of the volume, range, heat map data. (or if you don't know how, manually change the vanilla file.. but not really ideal given the new xpath system)

Although, technically yes you could replace the data with the 'dryfire' data and it would have nearly the same effect other than you would hear the dryfire sound when using the auger. The first suggestion will still allow you to hear the auger as intended but would greatly reduce the Z attraction factors.

You're welcome for the assistance - no problem.

Archived