Problem removing "Perception"

FringeRecall

I'm attempting to remove the Perception attribute entirely. I have removed all references to it from progression.xml, items.xml and buffs.xml. However, as soon as you press N to view your Skills, it starts throwing many "nullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." errors. Additionally, I ran a search on all the XML files for references to the Perception "attribute" and have found none that I haven't successfully removed.

Has anyone else tried doing this yet with perhaps more success? I've got more hours than I care to admit trying to figure out why this doesn't work so I'm reaching out to the community for help.

Thank you in advance.

I haven't tried to remove any attribute, but have you looked in the XUI folders? They seem to contain all the stuff related to UI, inventory and likely the Skills/Perks page.

Also, do you need to remove it completely? Otherwise you could keep it and simply remove all effects/bonuses in progression.xml

And if you want another attribute you could simply rename it (Localisation.txt) and change the effects?

Archived