• Power flow issues using Electric Timer Relay

Hurk
    • Version: you already asked for this above! A21 b324

Summary: (A short description of the bug) electrical flow does not  understand Electric Timer Relays

Game Version: (A21 bxxx) 324

OS/Version: (Windows / Linux / Mac) windows

CPU Model: (Intel i5 9600K / AMD Ryzen 7 1800x / etc) i7-10750H

System Memory: (4 GB / 8 GB / 16 GB / etc) 16

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1060 4 GB / AMD RX 580 8 GB / etc) 2060 mobile 8gb

Screen Resolution: (Width and Height such as 1920x1080) 1920x1080

Video Settings: (Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom(Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any)) custom, not relevant

Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP / Client on Dedi, RWG or NAV) dedicated server MP client issue. 

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No) yes

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) yes using RWG

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) yes

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No) no

EAC on or off? off

Bug Description:

if you put a electric timer relay between a generator and a battery bank, any powered items you attach while the timer is off (preventing power from the generator) do not power on. new powered items are checking the circuit and determining that the generator is off so start in an off state. the cord to the generator has to be cut so that new items calculate from the battery bank instead.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) place a generator, place a timer, place a battery bank. 

2)wire the generator to the timer, and the timer to the battery bank. set the timer for say, 2 hours a day. 

3) items attached to the battery bank will think there is no power at all during the times that the generator is off. 

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

items are reading the first power source, which is the generator, thats only producing 1w since its only connected to the timer, and from that determining they have no power. 

Expected result: (what you expect to occur) if the timer is off, the generator should not be considered at all, and power should only come from the battery bank, and calculations should be made from that point instead. i can force this to happen by disconnecting the timer from the battery, everything calculates fine, then i can reconnect the timer and it works. 

Note as a player and a common beta tester. your @%$#ty attitude about your log file is entirely unwarranted, especially when you have a link here to upload a image instead of that @%$#ing log file. if its that important to you, ADD A UPLOAD OPTION HERE INSTEAD OF FORCING ME TO HOST THE @%$#ING FILE FOR YOU. 

https://pastebin.com/TsCxZThX

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yes. The electric system is in need of an overhaul for various issues such as this and a much needed optimization pass as well. Look for this in a future update.

While testing your setup, I've found that placing a switch between the timer relay and the battery bank and another switch between the battery bank and the load will help calculate the addition of new load items added to the system as well as the update of the timer relay. Keeping both switches on also acts as an indicator to when the timer relay is on or off. Hope this helps as a temporary solution.

As far as the output log is concerned, it is crucial to troubleshooting. There are countless user options and hardware configurations that would be nearly impossible to work through without it. Thank you for taking the steps necessary to comply with that requirement. Your feedback has been echoed by several others and we will look for another solution in the future.

what i really want is an upload button for the log file if its that important... not for an image. im annoying at having to use a 3rd party site to get it to you.