• Steel Garage Door (+ Motion Sensors) Animation Problem

CrimsonCrayon
    • Version: A21.1b16

Summary: This wasn't a problem last time I played, with a different world prior to a21.  However, now when I use a Steel Garage Door 5x3 (Powered) with motion sensors (one inside and one outside), the garage door no longer completes the close animation before it can start the open animation again if a sensor is triggered before the "duration" is complete.  This results in the door going from a fully open position to a full closed position instantly, which is normally physically impossible.

Game Version: (A21.1 b16)

OS/Version: (Windows)

CPU Model: (Intel i7 10700K)

System Memory: (64 GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia RTX 3070 8GB)

Screen Resolution: (1920x1080)

Video Settings: (High)

Game mode: (SP, RWG)

Did you wipe old saves? (No)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (No)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC off?

Bug Description:S teel Garage Door 5x3 (Powered) with motion sensors (one inside and one outside), the garage door no longer completes the close animation before it can start the open animation again if a sensor is triggered before the "duration" is complete.  This results in the door going from a fully open position to a full closed position instantly.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Put a Steel Garage Door 5x3 (powered) in a 5x3 hole in a wall.

2) Put two motion sensors just above the garage door on either side, centered, and pointed down.

3) Wire from a power source to one motion sensor, then from that motion sensor to the seconds motion sensor, then from the second motion sensor to the door.

4) Set the "Duration" of each of the two sensors to "5 seconds"

5) Stand in front of the outside sensor and don't move.  (The outside sensor is best to test with because the door itself doesn't block the sensor when it's open).

Actual result: The door will complete a rolling up animation.  It will stay open for 5 seconds (or whatever the duration is set to), then it will perform the roll-up animation again without first rolling down.  It goes from fully open to fully closed instantly.  If you are driving through it when this happens I assume your 4x4 instantly explodes sending all of your stored items and nearby structures to the nether, killing the player in the process.  I didn't test that last part.

Expected result: In a perfect world the door should roll up and stay open the entire time the motions sensor is triggered.  The door should perform the closing animation 5 seconds (duration) after the motion sensor no longer is triggered.  Of course this isn't how motion sensors work and perhaps that's entirely another topic.  But at the very least the door should not be able to begin the open animation unless it is fully closed, or be able to begin the close animation unless it is fully open.  Ideally the animation should have the ability to reverse direction even if the door is partially open if the sensor is triggered again while its closing.

Link to Pastebin Output Log:
    https://pastebin.com/LfGVeUkx

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting.

The wooden and steel 5x3 garage doors are having animation issues,  and there is already an internal ticket for it.  I believe that a fix for that ticket will also fix the issue that you are having.