• XP requisite completely bugged, says I need 560 MILLION+ in the lvl 35-40 range

Klaziks
    • Version: A21.1 (b16)

Hi, I've been playing with a friend, I'm on steam and he's on xbox gamepass.

We connect to each other through the peer-to-peer system, and have been playing for around a week or so, and last night, I got my 6th death at around day 36.

Because of this I obviously got the xp penalty, and thought nothing of it, until I noticed that the bar was barely going down as I was doing mission after mission at my tier 3 trader. 

So I checked my player stats, and it said it needed around five hundred and sixty-eight (568) MILLION xp for me to get to the next level, when I was only level ~36 (I don't host the world so I can't check for specificity)

I went onto the wiki to make sure it was true or not, and it very much so is not, and I have no clue what could have caused this, we've modded it, but this only started after I died.

Is it maybe because my friend has upwards of 70 deaths and the game is wanting to balance my xp gain with his? We thought this, so we used the givexp cheat to get me out of debt, and the next level requires the same amount of xp (ish, a few million more for the scaling between levels)

I've just launched a fresh game solo, and it says I only need around 10k to get to level 2 (I killed a few zombies off spawn out of habit XD)

If there is a fix I would love that, but if not, we'll just turn on the multiple profiles setting, cheat in all the books I got, transfer my loot and give xp to me again to get back to my level

Here is the required pastebin, not sure if I got the right log though, I just did my most recent one (before I launched a new game to test)

https://pastebin.com/9SFUmbDn

Kind regards, Klaziks (She/They)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Lil update, we tried completely deleting my character profile from the world save file, and it effectively didn't do anything, I still need multimillions to reach the next level, this is a really game-breaking bug in regards to immersion and just gameplay, because we just have to guess when we should get level ups, and less importantly I lost my kill count in the player menu and can no longer flex XD

if there's any details or whatever I can add to help, please let me know

You have some mods installed. Has the server exactly the same mods installed? If not, that may be your problem.

If not, there could be a bug in any of those mods or more likely an incompatibility. Since I (and probably anyone else here who might want to try to help) does not play with exactly the same mods, I (and everyone else) have no way to pin down the exact issue. The logfile at least seems to show no obvious error messages. And I haven't heard of your problem ever showing up in vanilla.

Did you install or remove any mods while already playing this specific savegame? If yes, congratulation, that is a recipe for disaster.

Generally, check that all mods are updated for the version of game you are playing (I see that super glasses is definitely not the right version). Let your friend start a new game with half the mods turned off and check if the problem reappears (though it seems it isn't easy to check since your problem seems to have turned up very late in your game).

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

17 hours ago, meganoth said:

You have some mods installed. Has the server exactly the same mods installed? If not, that may be your problem.

If not, there could be a bug in any of those mods or more likely an incompatibility. Since I (and probably anyone else here who might want to try to help) does not play with exactly the same mods, I (and everyone else) have no way to pin down the exact issue. The logfile at least seems to show no obvious error messages. And I haven't heard of your problem ever showing up in vanilla.

Did you install or remove any mods while already playing this specific savegame? If yes, congratulation, that is a recipe for disaster.

Generally, check that all mods are updated for the version of game you are playing (I see that super glasses is definitely not the right version). Let your friend start a new game with half the mods turned off and check if the problem reappears (though it seems it isn't easy to check since your problem seems to have turned up very late in your game).

Yeah, our thinking is around the same track, it's just that this problem is *only* happening to me, and not him. We are also only running off of peer-to-peer, and not a dedicated server. We've been thinking about just restarting with more people and such, so it kinda sucks, but oh well, more game to play XD

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it!

But you're almost definitely right that this was a self-made disaster of mods being added mid-way through, we didn't think it would break the game because none of them affect XP gain/loss and such, but we live and learn.