• Player Skill Reset after Patch A21 (b317)

VikkutheTengu
    • Version: Alpha 21 (b317)

Summary: 2 player RWG Host log in after patch all skills reset and character to lvl 1. World changes and inventories unaffected. 

Game Version: (A21 b317)

OS/Version: Windows 

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x 

System Memory: 16 GB 

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 3080 

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings:

Game mode: RWG Seed is "Alpha Af"

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No. I started a new one yesterday before b317 and today after recent update reloaded same A21 world

Did you validate your files? No

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Don't know what that is so default.

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Left off on day 8 after Blood Moon, was in the middle of a Trader quest not activated yet.

2) reloaded after Update today upon reload in saw character death screen, spawn location options DID NOT include the near backpack option.

3)

Actual result: Everything seems to be the same except my Character level reset to 1 with all fresh stats and the noob jacket on too

Expected result: don't know if it can be recreated without adding skills via cheat

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting.

There were some changes in the new update that would break player progression for some.  Unfortunately,  this can often happen while in experimental,  and is not considered a bug.  

Thanks for the comment chikorina! This reset happened to me as well.  I was also in the middle of a trader quest and my character reset when logging in. 

Just went to play this morning and had the exact same thing happen; Death screen, respawn menu was missing "near backpack" option, and I noticed player level reset to 1, as well as game stage. All of my inventories/loot are unchanged as far as I can tell. Glad there is an answer, I was quite confused!

Wanted to comment and say the same thing happened to me during doing a trader quest, logging in and dying randomly, although I will add that I was over 30% infected in search for antibiotics before hand.