• food consumable, like drinks in glass jars, or food in cans, not returning an empty jar or can

Comeputergeek
    • Version: Alpha 21 (b324)

Summary:

food consumable, like drinks in glass jars, or food in cans, not returning an empty jar or can

Game Version:

A21 b324

OS/Version:

Windows 10 (10.0.19045) 64bit

CPU Model: 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor (cores: 16)

System Memory:

RAM: 32688 MB 

32 GB ram

GPU Model and VRAM:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (8019 MB)

Screen Resolution:

1920 x 1080, 60hz, window 1920 x 1080, mode FullScreenWindow

Video Settings:

(Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom(Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any))

Game mode:

Navezgane

Did you wipe old saves?

yes

Did you start a new game? 

Yes, 2 of them, one was where i notice the bug and one was to recreate it for this report.

Did you validate your files?

yes

Are you using any mods?

no

EAC on or off?

False

Bug Description:

when using food consumables in metal cans or glass jars are not returning empty jars or cans after they have been used

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Find a food consumable that is in a glass jar or Can

2) use it

Actual result: 

when using the consumable it gives you the proper buffs, but does not return an empty can or jar

Expected result: 

to give you the proper buffs and to return to the player an empty can or jar respective to if a canned food was eaten or a glass jar drunk

Pastebin logs

https://pastebin.com/gh61wtaw

screenshots from my computer, (was not done in-game but through an outside program)
    https://imgur.com/a/i8bxoaa

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I assume that is intentional. 
    This game should be called "2 days to starve". 
    You find a half kilo / a pond canned food can and that sustains you for 15 minutes. You need 40 of those to live one day. So you need to eat 20 kg of food a day. Same with water. You need to eat and drink more than it is possible. 
    Not only is it unrealistic but it is boring to play eating simulator. 
    A canned foor can should sustain you for one day , easily. And it used to be more like that in A10-ish canned food can gave you 50-90 food, now it gives 10. A pound of canned meat sustains you less than boiled egg. Canned food used to highest tier food. For a little while you could even craft canned food when game has smell - mechanics; if you carried un-canned food, zombies and animals would smell you and detect you from from long distance. So when you killed an animal and got fresh meat you were at risk. That was interesting and required you to play smart. Then they removed the smell mechanics. The Heat Map was interesting years ago, all changes to enviroment, cutting trees & building attacked zombies. Then they nerfed that to just to when you are near running forge + dynamite + power tools. Back in A12-ish shooting attarcted zombies from like a mile. 

I like the they put the recipe books back into the game. But they have removed so many good game featres that this game feed a bit of a mess. You used to get empty cans from canned food, and you could fill the empty can from water source to get Can of dirty water. And you could then boil that water in campfile WITHOUT cooking pan. That made sense and nice game mechanics to learn. Then they removed ability to fill cans and to cook them. 

Game had "Burned meat" which you could cook in camp fire without cooking pan. I think it now needs cooking pan. So there is no point of having that item in the  game. 

Empty jar and empty can were the main survival items in the early game. Having removed those there is again so much less "survival" features left in the game. 

Too much reality makes poor playablily. But they removed stuff that both made sense and was nice and interesting game mechanics. Those examples are just few of the stuff the game has lost since they tried change his to console game.