• error on startup

pighunter247
    • Version: a21.2b30

getting this error on load in through steam but not if i load the exe directly from the folder

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at XUi_FallThrough.Update () [0x0012e] in <2fa89239d1f44466ac3f85d44a10e47a>:0 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting, it sounds like this could be an issue with mods. Please try removing all mods and validating files through steam and see if it fixes it. If you are still having issues please post the full log using websites like https://pastebin.com/

I see, thank you for that information.

Looking at the logs again, it appears you have some extra command line arguments, specifically the UserDataFolder. I believe the spaces in the filepath is what is causing the issue

2024-01-03T14:32:18 0.068 INF Command line arguments: D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie.exe -force-d3d11 -nogs -noeac -UserDataFolder=C:\Users\TechFast Australia\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\for vortex -logfile C:\Users\TechFast Australia\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\logs\output_log_client__2024-01-03__14-32-08.txt

If you open the 7 days to die launcher, do you have anything in the "Additional parameters"? You can access this launcher by right clicking the game in your steam library and going to Properties > General > Launch Options > Show Game Launcher and then running the game through steam.

image.png.5a42aa41f81812e550ec907e55a5a7a6.png

If you want to keep that file path for saves, you will need to enclose the entire UserDataFolder parameter in quotes ex: "-UserDataFolder=C:\Users\TechFast Australia\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\for vortex" and that should work. If you would rather not use this location then leave that parameter out entirely.