• Auto Shotgun Mod-Slot Issue

Fuffel -Andre
    • Version: A21-b323

Summary: (A short description of the bug)

Game Version: A21 b323

OS/Version: Windows 11

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

System Memory: 32 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: AMD RX 6700 XT 12 GB

Screen Resolution: FHD 1920x1080

Video Settings: Custom (Profile "High" with Shadows set to low and Bloom turned off)

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Only activated the lockable inventory slots in windows.xml

EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: All automatic shotguns have 4 mod slots no matter what tier the weapon was buildt with

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Craft an auto shotgun on different weapon tiers

2) Click on modify

3)

Actual result: Auto shotgun Tier 1 has 4 mod slots and tiers 2, 3, 4 and 5 do the same

Expected result: Auto Shot Tiers 1 and 2 having 1 Mod-Slot, Tier 3 and 4 having 2 Mod-Slots, Tier 4 and 5 having 3 Mod-Slots and only Tier 6 having 4 Mod-Slots, like every other gun and tool has

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Actually I just saw someone in dev diary mention using creative mode that tier 3 steel axe had 3 mod slots for lvs 1-3 and 4 mod slots for lv 4-6. So there could still be something going on if tier 3 shotgun has same mod slots across the board for all 6 quality levels while the other tier 3's vary from 3 to 4 depending on quality.

9 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

I think it's an intentional change, the latest experimental that came out yesterday mentioned mod slots changing in the release notes

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/251570/view/3653030971885485254

Moin.

This patch notes say:
    "Adjusted mod slot counts on all tools and weapons to allow a standard linear progression between tech tiers"

Having 4 Mod-Slots in auto shotgun in every tier isnt linear ...

I just made the wooden bow in all tiers. Tier 1, 2 and 3 has 2 mod slots, tier 4 and 5 has 3 mod slots and I guess tier 6 then has 4 mod slots. That is new. That was different before, yes.

But the bug I reported is based on the Auto Shotgun having 4 mod slots in every tier, be it tier 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 (also tier 6 grabbed from creative). And I think that doesn't fit either the old nor the new system tier to mod-slot-system.

Not a bug.

The Tier is the type of that weapon.

Tier 1 shotgun is the Pipe Shotgun

Tier 2 is the Double Barrel Shotgun

Tier 3 is the Pump Shotgun

Tier 4 is the Auto Shotgun

The quality is completely independent of the weapons tier.

59 minutes ago, 3ternalDamned said:

Not a bug.

So from what I understand then, not every weapon goes up to tier 4? (ex: spear is stone spear -> iron spear -> steel spear)

And does that mean all Tier 4 items have 4 mod slots regardless of quality?

1 hour ago, 3ternalDamned said:

Not a bug.

Moin.

Tier / Quality ... Please don't put my words on the gold scales right away. I'm glad I got the description in English at all. I learned this tiresome language at school 35 years ago and never used it for 30 years.

So sorry if my vocabulary is a bit rusty. In German, the value is called a "Stufe". And level, according to the Duden dictionary, translates to "level", "stage" and "tier". Animal was a word I was familiar with from the game, so that's what I chose.

So now I'll put it in a completely different way:
    You can build the Auto Shotgun in different levels which are marked by colors, grey, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. And no matter in which of these levels you build the weapon, it always has 4 mod slots and not like other weapons, 1, 2, 3 or 4 depending on the color.

Is that clearer to understand now?

40 minutes ago, Fuffel -Andre said:

Moin.

Tier / Quality ... Please don't put my words on the gold scales right away. I'm glad I got the description in English at all. I learned this tiresome language at school 35 years ago and never used it for 30 years.

So sorry if my vocabulary is a bit rusty. In German, the value is called a "Stufe". And level, according to the Duden dictionary, translates to "level", "stage" and "tier". Animal was a word I was familiar with from the game, so that's what I chose.

So now I'll put it in a completely different way:
    You can build the Auto Shotgun in different levels which are marked by colors, grey, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. And no matter in which of these levels you build the weapon, it always has 4 mod slots and not like other weapons, 1, 2, 3 or 4 depending on the color.

Is that clearer to understand now?

I think I understand the confusion here.

In 7 Days to Die, "Tier" and "Quality" are different. What you mention with the different levels/colors is Quality. A single weapon can come in various qualities.

When we say "Tiers" we mean the different kinds of weapons under the same weapon group. Usually the player starts with stone weapons, then move to iron, then steel, those are "tiers". For shotguns in this case, the tier goes from Pipe -> Double Barrel -> Pump -> Auto.

I tried to make a visual comparing old method to new method (I'm basing this data off of someone's post in the A21 diary thread). In the past, the mod slots only depend on Quality. But with the new update it's now quality AND tier.

rPW7Byq.png

So the question is, does it make sense that Auto Shotgun has the same # of mods, regardless of quality?

Visually looking at the new method, we can see for each Tier increase, they increase the # of mods for each quality by 1. And since max is 4 mod slots, if it's already 4 mods in the previous tier, it stays 4 mods in the next tier. So if we follow that pattern it makes sense that by the time you get to Tier 4, everything has 4 mod slots.

Ah, so that's the plan now. Even stronger weapons. Just wondering why? The zombies stand around under the catwalks between my base and my defense towers, stupid as a hundred meters of dirt road, punching holes in the air. Each earthworm is smarter and a bigger threat than the enemy AI in 7 Days to Die...

But whatever. The big mods will bring into play what TFP is not capable of.