• Windows - Game is extremely slow (character and Zombies)

Tinou
    • Version: A21.1

Hi there,

It's now been a few days that I am encountering a bug on my PC whatever server I play on. I already tried to restart the game, create a new game, validated the game files through Steam, unistall and reinstalled the game but the bug is still here.

Indeed, the problem appeared for the first time a few days ago when launching a game (MP local) that I am hosting without any mod. Since then, my game is extremely slow and jerky, and it's demonstrated in different ways:

• Zombies are very slow when moving or attacking
    • I am myself very slow when walking/running, cycling, or driving the motorcycle, and when I'm in the air it feels like there less gravity, but not when I fall from a cliff or some height where I fall normally.

The bug doesn't seem to affect my friend who is playing my game.

Here are the logs of the game: https://pastebin.com/DNnNRCbM

It's almost unplayable like this and I am so sad because this game is clearly my favourite game and I really hope you can helping sorting this bug.

Thanks!

Tinou

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

My wife is having this exact same issue.  We have reinstalled, switched servers and run games locally and hosted.  Every time eventually she starts slowing down.  This is before we get drones so they aren't the issue and seems we can recreate the issue reliably if she starts a new server and plays until she enters the trader.  Before trader the game is fine, after is slows way down and her FPS starts bouncing around visably going from normal 140+ down to single digits and back.  We downgraded the game to 21.1 and issues still occur.  I was hosting and have played on her hosting and the issue hasn't occurred to me on my system. We removed profile and user files with no improvement on the issue.  First started on 21.2 with me hosting, but only occurred to her and I could see her slow jumping and slow moving, while I was moving fine.   She is on a solid gaming Alienware desktop with an Nvidia card:

10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700KF

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) RTX 2070 SUPER(TM) 8GB GDDR6

16GB Dual Channel HyperX(FM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz

1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

Any assistance would be helpful!

Hi @Tinou, can you try using DDU to uninstall your graphics driver and then installing version 537.58 and see if it fixes the problem? It seems NVIDIA has been having problems lately with their graphics drivers causing stuttering/jerkiness and I've seen people say 537.58 was one of the more stable versions. 

leukos was having similar issue and it seemed to have fixed it for them