• Error occurring on Friend entering Multiplayer game, Starting mission fails, and failure to exit/end session properly

DnkyPnchrofDoom
    • Version: A21

Summary: an error message occurs upon friend entering the game.  Trying to start only the second tier 1 mission.  Upon Pressing the exclamation, same error message appears and the mission never initiates.  Then when friend and me try to quit game, same error message appears when friend leaves.  His character does not disappear. When I try and quit, same error message appears. My entire hud disappears and im still in game, and pressing Esc no longer works.  Have to ctrl alt del to shut down the game. 

Game Version: (A21 b3xx)

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor    3.91 GHz

System Memory:16 GB 

GPU Model and VRAM: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 SUper

Screen Resolution:  1920x1080

Video Settings:  Ultra 

Game mode: MP host  NAV

Did you wipe old saves? (No)

Did you start a new game? (yes, when experimental build was ready) and no, not after the A21 update

Did you validate your files? (No)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on 

Bug Description: an error message occurs

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) just having friend entering the MP session causes the bug.

2)Friend leaving the game causes the bug, as does me trying to leave the game

3)

Actual result: Error message occurs

Expected result: game to close upon exiting

https://pastebin.com/r7gGCDVi

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hmm, maybe try deleting that quest before your friend gets on? I know i had a minor error related to a quest that was help (not shared) by a friend before the update in a long game. The error didn't pop up until after a 6/7 hour session after I logged out and never got it again, maybe something went wonky after the update. The main complaint I see in the log is the quest POI lock, so in theory deleting that quest and avoiding the POI (quest-wise) for a few in-game hours may help

I have a hunch that it may be something with POI updates at quest locations, maybe tied to an active quest and it gets updated? Not sure, I will check that area out; if you have extra information (think the chain of events leading to getting the issue, try to recall everything you can) please do update.