• Thomas Edison Crafting Achievement

milkopilko
    • Version: Alpha 21.2

Summary: Every other achievement has always worked perfectly. Crafting achievement believes I'm at 59/5000 despite crafting many more things. If you google, you will find that many people across the internet are also experiencing this exact scenario (every other achievement working perfectly except these ones). Every time I play a session, no matter the server, the settings, the character, I craft many things, on myself, on tables, on every possible way to craft things, and only get a few points of progress here and there in my crafting achievement. 

Game Version: (Alpha 21.2)

OS/Version: (Windows)

CPU Model: (12 Gen Intel Core i5-12450H)

System Memory: (16 GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4060 LAPTOP GPU

Screen Resolution:1920x1080

Video Settings: Medium 

Game mode: half the time MP host half the time MP client 

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No) no 

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) yes

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) yes

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No) no 

EAC on or off? on

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) play game

2) craft lots of things

3) notice that all achievements progress normally except crafting ones

Actual result: crafting achievement goes up by 1 or 2 sometimes even though i crafted many many things (in a variety of ways)

Expected result: crafting achievement to update by the amount of things i craft. or at least be not broken enough so that I can get the achievement somehow. 

Link to Pastebin Output Log: https://pastebin.com/y2c8wx53

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting. I was not able to reproduce this. I crafted 1500 frame shapes and was able to get the different crafting achievements at 50, 500, and 1500 respectively

Make sure you don't have DM or CM enabled when you attempt to progress the achievements. There are also specific game settings that will disable achievement progress entirely (such as higher XP multiplier or even harder difficulty), so the safest way would be to play on all default settings. 

If you have tried those and are still having issues, do let us know. 

I was able to get them too, I just had to ignore the fact that the progress towards them on the steam achievements page never updated properly no matter how much time I gave it. Usually at worst they are slow to update rather than permanently misleading so I was fooled

14 hours ago, milkopilko said:

I was able to get them too, I just had to ignore the fact that the progress towards them on the steam achievements page never updated properly no matter how much time I gave it. Usually at worst they are slow to update rather than permanently misleading so I was fooled

Hmm, I'm not sure how the partial progress works for those kinds of achievements, will look into that some more

Hello! We found the issue with crafting achievements not updating with partial progress and have made some fixes to this. Some of the changes have already been applied and should work with the current version. It may still not update immediately and you will still have to wait a bit to see the new numbers, but it shouldn't be permanently stuck like you mentioned. There is still an edge case where if you log out too quickly after crafting something it won't update the achievement, and that fix will be in a future update. 

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.