• Maps with the same seed are different, causing map loading exceptions

dwil
    • Version: A21.1 b16

Summary: 

Maps with the same seed are different, causing map loading exceptions.

Game Version: A21.1 b16

OS/Version: Windows 

CPU Model: intel i9 10900KF

System Memory: 16 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia RTX 3060 

Screen Resolution: 2560*1440

Video Settings: High 

Game mode:  SP , RWG

Did you wipe old saves?  No

Did you start a new game?  Yes

Did you validate your files?  No

Are you using any mods?  Yes

EAC on or off?

Bug Description:

I show the problems caused by this bug in this video: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Uw411r7zc/?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0&vd_source=1e3f2e2cee12f9db94151ac9e20bddb0

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) select "new random world", enter a specified seed, do not enter "advanced generation", than start game.

2)  after I played in this archive for a while, I had explored part of the map. At this time, I opened "editing tools" -> "random gen previewer" in the game menu, and I entered the same seed to view the map. But this map is different from The maps I used before, and they used the same seed, which would cause the map used by my previous save to be overwritten, which would lead to different maps being loaded for the explored and unexplored areas.

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

The maps generated by steps 1 and 2 are different

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

The maps generated by steps 1 and 2 should be the same because they use the same seed and default parameters

Link to Pastebin Output Log:

link:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1BdczjiCzKP1wKwqfSDHdpg 
    code:3wrd

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting.

This is known,  and there is already an internal ticket written for it.  I added a link to your report to the comments for that ticket.  The ticket is labeled as a must fix issue,  so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

44 minutes ago, chikorina said:

Thank you for reporting.

This is known,  and there is already an internal ticket written for it.  I added a link to your report to the comments for that ticket.  The ticket is labeled as a must fix issue,  so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

You are welcome. 

In addition, in my opinion, maps generated twice should not be overwritten. Even if seed is the same and other parameters are different, the map will definitely be different. Maybe seed and other parameters can be used to generate a hash together to serve as the uniqueness standard of the map.

In this way, it is guaranteed that the exact same map can be reused and different maps will not be overwritten