• prison_02 wall flickering under very very very specific circumstances

NekoPawtato
    • Version: A21 b317

Summary: I have another really weird one, I can make one of the walls in prison_02 flicker (i.e. one moment there is a wall, the next it's not there). It's very finicky and specific to repro though so I hope someone can get the same results as me, otherwise maybe it's my hardware?

Game Version: A21 b317
    OS/Version: Windows 11
    CPU Model: Intel Core i5-12500 3 GHz 6-Core Processor
    System Memory: 32GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
    Video Settings: Custom: https://imgur.com/a/hfHG9je
    Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Wiped 6/12 on A21 b313
    Did you start a new game? Created 6/22 on A21 b317
    Did you validate your files? Validated files 6/22 on A21 b317
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on or off? On

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:
    1) Go to Options -> Video -> Display and make sure your Field Of View is set to max. I could not get it to work if FOV was too low
    2) Load up PREGEN6k

Of the 5 maps I tried, I was only able to reproduce this on 2 maps, the pregen6k and my custom map, not sure why. The only commonality I noticed is they were both in Forest biome while the other 3 maps (navezgane, pregen8k, and pregen10k) I tried was in snow or desert
    3) Go to Prison_02, to these very specific coordinates

vKpuPRP.png

4) Give yourself the Dev insta kill gun (purple pistol) from the creative menu. We're basically going to use this gun as a measuring stick

5) Crouch, face the wood wall, and look down. There should be a piece of trash on the floor. This only works while crouched, if you don't do it crouched, it will throw off the measurements

6) Move your mouse straight down until the character can't look any further down

7) Hold right click on the pistol to zoom into the floor. You're going to want to line up the center of the crosshair to the circled spot in the below image as close as possible (do not move the mouse, move your character until the crosshairs line up. If you accidentally move the mouse, just move the mouse down until the character can't look any further down again). This is to get as accurate of a positioning as possible. You don't need to be super exact, but try to get it as close to the center as you can

S1Ge7UN.png

8. You can look up now, there should be a table next to a blue chair, you're going to want to put your crosshairs on the top of the table and slowly move your mouse down, so the crosshair follows the path of the leg (keep going in this same direction past the leg). While you do that, keep an eye on the wall on the far right

q9GweYZ.png

Actual result: Once you find the right spot, you'll notice the wall on the right will start flickering
    video: https://imgur.com/a/PWXP11t

Expected result: Wall should not flicker

Log files: https://pastebin.com/LDbdR1c8

User Feedback

Recommended Comments