• Failed Tier 6 Trader mission and no new ones are being generated

Gankenstein
    • Version: Alpha 21 (b324)

Summary: We were able to do a handful of tier 6 missions from the trader but then he stopped offering them. I've done several (15-20+ Tier 5 Missions) with no offering of T6 again.

Game Version: Alpha 21 (b324)

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor  (cores: 24)

System Memory: 32 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti (12010 MB)

Screen Resolution: 3440x1440

Video Settings: Ultra

Game mode: Dedicated Session (G-Portal)

Did you wipe old saves? This is the only save on the server.

Did you start a new game? This is a new game with the release of Alpha 21

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: Trader stopped offering Tier 6 Missions

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Complete Tier 5 Quest

2) Wait till next day and only have Tier 5 Quest (I did try turning on Admin Mode and forcing the trader to reset his quest several times with no change in only being T5 Missions)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring) Not offering Tier 6 Missions I've attached a screen cap of the last mission they offered for tier 6.

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Link to Pastebin Output Log:https://pastebin.com/usxGfc4w

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I would add that after tier 6 stops being offered, completing all tier 5 leads to tier 5 being unavailable as well.  At this point only tier 4 are available so I presume that after completing tier 6, no quests of any tier are replenishing.

Thank you for reporting.

All quests have a cooldown time after activation of 7 in game days.  For example,  if you have 6 tier 5 POIs on your map,  you will only be able to do 5 tier 6 infested clear quests every 7 in game days.  If you are playing on a small map,  you will run out of acceptable quests faster than you would on a large map.

The image you posted is just a small thumbnail message,  and I am not able to see how many tier 6 quests you have completed/failed.  

I have attempted to reproduce the issue by completing all tier 6 quests available and have confirmed that I was able to accept tier 6 quests again after the 7 in game day cooldowns were done.

On 8/19/2023 at 5:18 PM, chikorina said:

Thank you for reporting.

All quests have a cooldown time after activation of 7 in game days.  For example,  if you have 6 tier 5 POIs on your map,  you will only be able to do 5 tier 6 infested clear quests every 7 in game days.  If you are playing on a small map,  you will run out of acceptable quests faster than you would on a large map.

The image you posted is just a small thumbnail message,  and I am not able to see how many tier 6 quests you have completed/failed.  

I have attempted to reproduce the issue by completing all tier 6 quests available and have confirmed that I was able to accept tier 6 quests again after the 7 in game day cooldowns were done.

The 7 days in game time has long passed since I completed the tier 6 quests.  In the attached screenshot you can see that the last tier 6 quest was made in game day 65 and we're now in game day 108: B69Okc.jpg

as shown is this 2nd screenshot, only tier 4 are available now

uUqfJB.jpg

this last screenshot shows that after completing all tier 5 quests, following the inavailability of tier 6 quests on day 65, tier 4 became the only option then.

bC5HcL.jpg

Well based on what Chikarina is saying by completing all the Tier 5 quests you are doing the same thing and completing all available Tier 5 quests so the 6 can never spawn. Try not doing any 5's as well and see how that works. I'm having the same issue with one caveat, i am only getting level 6 ones every couple of days which would make what chikorina is saying make sense as they are reactivating and im getting the quest. 

Whatever is the logic behind the current behavior wasn’t there before (at least not in the last 2000+ hours I’ve played).  What is shown in my screenshots is that no quests are repopulating over the last 40 in game days (from day 65 to 108).  It makes no sense that I have to stop doing quests to allow them to repopulate.  A lot of users are having this issue based on the multiple forums I’ve read.

What Krapahirlin said is true.  If you have finished doing all the tier 5 POIs,  and you only have infested clear quests for tier 5 choices,  it means that all the tier 5 POIs are on cooldown.  If all the tier 5 POIs are on cooldown,  you will not get any tier 6 quest choices.

I was able to reproduce this,  and will write an internal ticket for this and see if there is anything that can be done.  Thank you all.

Same issue as Noguna. Only level 4 quests now available.  Would like endless tier 6+ infestations to extend end game.  @Noguna Can you please post the command you use in console to restore level 6 infestations? Thanks

11 hours ago, sturmadin said:

Same issue as Noguna. Only level 4 quests now available.  Would like endless tier 6+ infestations to extend end game.  @Noguna Can you please post the command you use in console to restore level 6 infestations? Thanks

Sure, if you’re like me and you mostly want to run the infested quest, the command is:

givequest tier6_clear_infested

just using “givequest” alone will give you your other options.