I am using the Building Block "Cube" shape. Originally found issue while repairing blocks in a POI (Boes Market), but issue is reproducible while outside any POI, wherever you are in the world. I am using a space on a paved road, because it is flat. No log file attached, since there is no log file for the current session.
Summary: (A short description of the bug)
*block's current upgrade status appears to be remember after partially upgraded block is destroyed then replaced with a new block.
Game Version: (A21 b3xx)
OS/Version: (Windows / Linux / Mac)
*windows 11 home, build 22621.1702
CPU Model: (Intel i5 9600K / AMD Ryzen 7 1800x / etc)
System Memory: (4 GB / 8 GB / 16 GB / etc)
GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1060 4 GB / AMD RX 580 8 GB / etc)
*nvidia geforce rtx 2070 integrated (laptop)
Screen Resolution: (Width and Height such as 1920x1080)
*1920 x 1080
Video Settings: (Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom(Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any))
Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP / Client on Dedi, RWG or NAV)
Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No)
*i new save
Did you start a new game? (Yes/No)
Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)
Are you using any mods? (Yes/No)
EAC on or off?
Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:
1) place down a wooden Cube shape
2) using stone axe (haven't checked other hammer types yet)
3) right-click the block twice (so it is NOT fully upgraded)
4) left-click block until destroyed (still using stone axe)
5) WITHOUT moving cursor, place down a replacement wood cube shape (into same space as previous block)
6) right-click block ONE time
8) block is upgraded
Actual result: (description of what is occurring)
* the block is upgraded, as though is was in the 2/3 upgrade step, rather than re-starting at upgrade stage 1/3
Expected result: (what you expect to occur)
* expectation is that block should gone to upgrade stage 1/3, just as if I had placed a block onto some random location.