• Possibly Known issue a21 line 198 infinite battery exploit.

Leomist
    • Version: Game Version: (A21 b30)

Summary: (A short description of the bug)

Game Version: (A21 b3xx)

OS/Version: (Windows)

CPU Model: ()

System Memory: (32GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: (Quadro M6000 12GB)

Screen Resolution: (Width and Height such as 1920x1080)

Video Settings: (Ultra))

Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP / Client on Dedi, RWG or NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? (No)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on

Bug Description: Having any input lower than 50w into a battery bank causes infinite power. 

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) setup however many connecting devices like 200w worth (to prove infinite power)

2) setup battery bank with any number of batteries exceeding 50w

3) connect a solar panel with a solar cell less than 50w

4) ensure battery is on then switch on the solar 

Actual result: (While there is sun the grid no matter what is connected everything will run.)

Expected result: (I would expect that the power provided from the solar would add to the power being provided from the batteries and powering the appropriate wattage allocated.)

I assume there is some sort of hard code applied to the energy set at 50w that applies when the battery bank exceeds 50w. This could be due to the generator input that has a minimum input of 50w as the solar was added later and not a minimum of 50w this could clash somewhere. 

Link to Pastebin Output Log:N/A

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting. I have tried to do a setup similar to what you described but am not seeing the infinite power. Is there something I am missing?

This is my setup

Solar Bank w/ 1x lv 1 solar cell (17 watts) -> Battery Bank w/ 2x lv 6 car battery (100watts) -> 9x blade traps (180 watts)

If I turn on the battery bank I see 5 blade traps spin. Turning on the solar cell in the daytime will result in all the blade traps losing power. I have tried on both singleplayer and on a dedicated server

In regards to the battery exploit referenced on the KI list, that issue does not involve solar cells. 

After seeing your example, i decided to verify the game files and I loaded a new world and I am now getting the same results as you. 

However, the solar and power with batteries still does not work in a logical manner. The solar in your setup should supply an additional 17 watts of power to the grid Instead of powering down the traps. 

this happens with any setup like 2 sets of batteries. The last input seems to be the only input. On the grid. This makes solar useless in using it to “charge” your batteries. 

Moving to cannot repro for now, thanks!

Regarding having two power sources on at the same time, it is working as designed. The circuit can only draw power from one item at a time. Turning on the solar cells will cause the power banks to stop providing power and act as a relay. If you want to charge the battery banks and power the rest of the electrical items at once, then solar capacity becomes the limiting factor. 

Feel free to discuss new features here: https://community.7daystodie.com/forum/9-pimp-dreams/