• Person in party can hear me, even though all voice chat is disabled, and the person muted

Gon_

Summary: Person in party can hear me, even though all voice chat is disabled, and the person muted

Game Version: 20.4 b4

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: Intel i5 9600K 

System Memory: 64 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: GTX 3070 8 GB

Screen Resolution: 4K

Video Settings: No settings relevant to bug

Game mode: MP client / RWG (Not sure i got this one correct)

Did you wipe old saves? Server was wiped 1½ week ago

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No, only a few, server side

EAC on 

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Be in a party with another player

2) Player be 5-6 km away

3) ??? I havent reproduced the bug - and i don't intend to. It's a game breaking bug to me, and feels very weird.

Actual result:

Yesterday, my gf and i were playing 7dtd as we use to. We started making some bigger parties with other survivors, to cash in on shared exp from zombie kills.

We have all voice settings disabled ingame, as we're not interested in chatting with other survivors. We manage our communication with Discord, with private, direct call.

All the sudden, our third party member asks if it's us, he can hear. We give him some challenges, to make sure he isn't trolling. It's legit. He can hear everything he says.

Our 4th party member can't hear us tho. He has no clue how come he can hear us, either.
    What's odd here, is that it started suddenly. We asked him how long he had been able to hear us. He replied: In the last 5 minutes or so i've been able to hear you.

We double checked our voice settings - everything was off.

We even muted him in the party screen. He could still hear us.

We ended up breaking up the team, as privacy is a very important part, of the way we wish to play the game.

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

I expect this bug to be fixed. Or explained, how on earth we could manage to enable a global party chat with no indicators at all.

Even tho i didn't report it correctly. 

It's gamebreaking for both my gf and me.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm sorry you and your girlfriend experienced this issue. 

For us to write a ticket for an issue,  we will need to be able to reproduce it.  Please provide us with a bit more information to help us reproduce it.

We will be needing an output log from when this happened.  If possible,  from both the server and client.  This is to see what server side mods were used.  Where to find and how to post logs is written in the pinned post.

We will also need to know :

- About how long were you on the server when the issue started to happen?

- About how long after the 3rd member joined the party?

- When voice chat is active in game,  there is an icon of a human head next to your name in the list of party members.  Do you remember seeing that icon,  even if you had voice chat turned off in game?

- Can you provide a screenshot of how you had your Audio Settings option at the time?

Again,  I'm sorry you had to experience this.  If it is indeed a bug,  it should be fixed.

20.5b2 update states:

Fixed:

Voice comms fail for player who was voiced in multi player party who then leaves game to main menu then rejoins game and party 

Any chance this is it?

Oh nvm, Im incapable of reading, apparently

For the server mods:
    Server Tools
    Stallionsdens Stack mod

Scomar82_HUD

Allocs Command Extensions
    Allocs Server fixes

We will also need to know :

- About how long were you on the server when the issue started to happen?: About 3-4 hours

- About how long after the 3rd member joined the party?: 1-2 hours

- When voice chat is active in game,  there is an icon of a human head next to your name in the list of party members.  Do you remember seeing that icon,  even if you had voice chat turned off in game?: No, we both(Gf & I) looked for any kind of indicator. He saw no indicators, either

- Can you provide a screenshot of how you had your Audio Settings option at the time?: Yeah, i haven't changed them in any way.
    spacer.png