• Occasionally unable to interact with menus in the UI

Pixeluna

Summary: At random, I'll hit tab open my crafting menu and then won't be able to switch to any of the other tabs (such as character, or skills). The last time it happened I also wasn't able to click anything in the crafting menu, though I could close it and interact with other things. Happened in both a multiplayer game a couple days ago, and a single player game. The single player game is the one with the log attached. It's the same log I attached in another thread, regarding not being able to split up stacks of an item when using the campfire. Both happened shortly before I quit, so would be at the end of the log.

Game Version: A20

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 7 2700

System Memory: 16GB

GPU Model and VRAM: AMD Radeon R9 200 series 3072MB

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings: Low

Game mode: MP client and SP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? No

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Unsure

Bug Description: Occasionally won't be able to interact with the UI when opening it, intermittent, not super often, 1-2 times each time I played (3-4 hour games). Can't switch tabs or click anything in the active menu. 

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Hit tab to open the crafting menu

2) Pray

3) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actual result: Can't interact with active menu or change menus. For example, open crafting menu, can't click any of the items in that menu, also can't click to go to the Character tab. 

Expected result: Clicking things!

Log: https://pastebin.com/gaDUn160

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same thing happening to me, every day, i use "F" after opening tab menu so i don't have to click the search bar, and this function also mark the text to replace it and start searching, if any. I didn't noticed if this happened after opening/closing storage chests or crates, but left click stop working in menu, have to exit to work again and while tab menu is still opened splitting a stack open a console error stating that the object being splitted is not an instance or something like that, next time i'll take a screenshot, so, right click an empty slot in backpack and a single object is separated from the stack an then if you click to place the remaining floating half next to the cursor the console error appears, in that moment the remaining floating amount of items can be placed back to the original stack but with right click only 1 by 1, if you insist to use LMB the console error message is repeated at any of the now, 2 stacks.

2 minutes ago, Puching said:

Same thing happening to me, every day, i use "F" after opening tab menu so i don't have to click the search bar, and this function also mark the text to replace it and start searching, if any. I didn't noticed if this happened after opening/closing storage chests or crates, but left click stop working in menu, have to exit to work again and while tab menu is still opened splitting a stack open a console error stating that the object being splitted is not an instance or something like that, next time i'll take a screenshot, so, right click an empty slot in backpack and a single object is separated from the stack an then if you click to place the remaining floating half next to the cursor the console error appears, in that moment the remaining floating amount of items can be placed back to the original stack but with right click only 1 by 1, if you insist to use LMB the console error message is repeated at any of the now, 2 stacks.

btw, opening again tab menu does not allow to use "F" again to search, the search box is like clicked already, so "F" types f in the search box

current console error, didn't closed the game so, still there, as you can see the bottom left items cant be restacked, and the "F" is just being typed in the search box https://imgur.com/a/NQxMlBy

i had similar behavior if i had a cursor in a search bar. Sometimes, even if i didn`t search anything but cursor is there, i cannot perform other actions similarly to what`s described above. 
    It helps to choose the search bar again, ensure there`s no symbols or spaces and press enter. Try it out maybe?