• Command Console not working

hellfire29

I run my own server with Gportal and have had no issues until I logged onto my server today. I pressed F1 to open up the command console and go into creative mode, but the console no longer comes up. Checked the keybinds in settings and confirmed that it is F1, tried going into another server and it still won't come up, went back into my server and went under social and verified I was the admin which I saw I had the star next to my name. Console still won't show up when pressing F1. Went into Gportal and verified the admin coding was correct, verified files through steam, even reinstalled the game. Everything checks out, but the only way I can go into creative mode is if I enable it for everyone in the server through Gportal. Am I missing something? Did something happen on the latest update that steam did yesterday? Any feedback would be appreciated.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

did that, checked every box and clicked on clean. Went into my server, created my character and still nothing. None of the global key binds work except for HUD and FPS display. I even tried using a different keyboard thinking it was a hardware issue on my end and still no luck. I'm tempted to just uninstall the game and go through the hard drive and delete any folder still around and trying again. Worst case scenario is I delete my server and start a new one up if I can get the command console to start working again.

I am not sure what would cause that besides a faulty F1 key or key remapping... sure some software like Razer or something isn't changing the keys? I've heard a lot of users having issues with Gportal but I can't think of a way they could cause the F1 from opening the console period, that can be done regardless of settings.

If you load up a single player game does it work?

I did have Logitech GHub for a little bit, but for some reason it would work find for a couple days and then mess with my mic/audio. I have a full logitech setup, so I uninstalled GHub. And I don't think its a faulty function key otherwise it would be all the global command function keys which is highly unlikely.

Even Single player I cannot bring up the command console.

I just uninstalled the game and dug into my Hard drive and deleted all game files so I guess I'll reinstall it fresh and start from there

I can not remap the global function keys unfortunately, and I just tried using them all on chrome and all the function keys that don't work in the game work fine with chrome.

Definitely an odd one. When you get it back up and running, maybe try using the Native Input Module? You can toggle it on with the game launcher. 

What OS are you on?

Thanks for your help, I finally figured it out. Somehow, the key bind switched to CRTL+F1. I only found out by pressing keys together lol. idk how and I don't know how to change it cause it says in settings under global that the keybind is only F1 and it doesn't give you the option to remap it.