• Character Reverted back to LVL 1 after crash of game and computer.

War_Tornado

I was doing a mission for Jen the trader Tier IV Fetch and Clear, Rade my motorcycle there and commenced the mission. mid-Mission the computer locked up/the game crashed. I got back into the game and my character was level 1 with the tutorial and equipment on me reset. The odd thing is the map was fine, with all the areas I had been and all the bases and equipment I made still intact.

Game : A20.5 b2

Mods used at time of crash: Harry's More loot from zombies A20

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, 

Sorry this happened to you, but unfortunately this isn't a bug. This can happen when the game and/or system suddenly crashes and can't save properly (your character profile save got corrupted). If you do have a crash like this in the future, navigate to the game save folder before launching the game and look for the files with the .bak extenstion; rename/remove the .bak and replace the other files with those before launching.

You can post in General Support for computer troubleshooting.

Yes well, I did find other information concerning what you are talking about. They should make the game do time redundancy saves (more than just 2) being that I was lvl 71 and had found or bought many Books. Has to be a way.

This is the first time My system locked up with the game. When I logged back in Steam had an update for the game, which was weird being that I had done all updates previous to playing. 

Yes save redundancy is in the dev table. A system lockup is certainly something worthwhile to troubleshoot, since that is a system malfunction in general.