• A20: advanced muffler connectors mod bonus bug

Jost Amman

Summary:

Advanced Muffler Connector giving different bonus/malus numbers while being installed, and after it's been installed.

Game Version: A20 b238

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: N/A

System Memory: N/A

GPU Model and VRAM: N/A

Screen Resolution: N/A

Video Settings: N/A

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Only a very simple HUD mod

EAC on or off? Off

Bug Description:

While installing an AMC mod into Military Armor, I noticed the noise decrease values while installing it (correct) and after it is installed (wrong) are different.

I installed an -8% AMC mod on some Military Pants with a base value of 2% noise. While installing the mode the UI correctly displayed 2% (-8%).

After the mod was installed, when I clicked on the Military Pants, the game wrongly displayed "noise increase +10%".

I don't know if this means it's just a "visual bug" or if the game actually wrongly calculates a noise increase instead of a decrease!

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Get one piece of Miliray Armor (this bug MAY be true also for other types of armor, but I'm just reporting the one I experienced)

2) Install an Advanced Muffler Connector mod: look at the noise stats WHILE installing the mod (they should be correctly calculated)

Spoiler

20220111211442_1.thumb.jpg.b65ca7fcc30188822da7afc5c61b1264.jpg

3) After the mod is installed, go look at the Military Armor modded stats

Spoiler

20220111211459_1.thumb.jpg.768bbf9d2378286ada31260e6d927551.jpg

Actual result: the noise increase after installing the mod, is wrongly displayed/calculated as 10% (2% + 8%) instead of 2% -8% = 0%.

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not a bug. The 2% is the correct noise increase level with the AMC. With out any mods, the noise level of the military leg armor is 10%. The -8% you see in the top picture shows how much the AMC reduced your noise level by. A bit confusing when looking at the armor, but it always shows you the base stat of the armor when looking at that.

Edited by 3ternalDamned (see edit history)