• Crouch

Bug: Zeds suddenly going into crouch

More bug info: I am in melee combat with a zed in a door. That zed is standing up and then, without moving forward, will go into crouch mode. That will make my melee attack to the end useless. I am bleeding, infected and I have a concussion just because the zed is going into the crouch. because of that.

Extra info: There are no obstructions for it to go into crouch. Nothing at all in the way.

Due to that crouch, the game has, in my opinion, forced me to start a new game. I know about that if there is an obstruction it will go into a crouch. I have seen a zed go into the crouch on the open road.

How often does this happen: To many to count. So often does this occur that is beyond annoying.

This happens with or without mods

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Well, I can confirm that some zombies (4 types so far), due to the height of their model, do like crouching a lot. Its not a big deal, but can be annoying for sure. This crouching also gets annoying when fighting under triangular roofs. Come to think of it, this can be used to make a conga line with everyone's head perfectly aligned... :)

Its not shown on video, but when they crouch in the doorway, something can trigger them to start getting up after each attack they make, which gets canceled in about a second, so they constantly get up and crouch. I'll get you a footage of that later.

Due to this my game must getting fed up of this, in my opiniom, overused mechanic. Within day one with a stone spear just as I am giving the zed a 3  face piercing in an open field no trees it decideds to cr4ouch. Yes it happens without anything over the zeds head except the clouds.

It is happening a lot, a hell of a lot whether I have mods installed or not. It appears to me that they have not long discovered this animation and thought they would aooky it to every zed even with the sky above. That is my opinion, and I am really fed up of it especially after over 9 years of development

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Due to this my game must getting fed up of this, in my opiniom, overused mechanic. Within day one with a stone spear just as I am giving the zed a 3  face piercing in an open field no trees it decideds to cr4ouch. Yes it happens without anything over the zeds head except the clouds.

It is happening a lot, a hell of a lot whether I have mods installed or not. It appears to me that they have not long discovered this animation and thought they would aooky it to every zed even with the sky above. That is my opinion, and I am really fed up of it especially after over 9 years of development

I request video footage of that since I can not believe it.

My bad but it seem like that, sorry disregard that post about the sky as I was annoyed about the crouch, you are right in that you do not believe it. Sorry.

But, my comment still stands for the zeds crouching in buildings with at least 3 blocks clearanc.