Video Settings: Custom

Game mode: MP client RWG

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No

Did you validate your files? No

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Off

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

It happened randomly so I'm not able to reproduce this bug.

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

After reconnecting to the server I was in a different location from the actual one when I logged out. First time it was probably in the location of my first login this day. Few times after it was location from about 10/15 minutes before logging out. I had all the resources I gathered during this time (from the time while I was in place where I'm getting teleported on login). 

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)
    I should be in the same place where I disconnected

Details (which I hope will be useful):

I'm connected to the same network as host. He's not experiencing this issue at all. Save was created when A20.3 came out. We had ui changing mod installed before on this save, but we removed it when A20.4 came out. I noticed that when this issue is occurring the error message "NET: Could not send package" to server is showing on disconnect, but it may be not related. One time when this issue occurred my drone got bugged as well - it was not visible on the map (checked with debugmenu) and it's marker was placed underground. I had my drone in inventory but I was unable to place it because of reaching my drones limit (unloading the chunk fixed that).
    I am (and only me, not the host) experiencing weird bugs recently, with random disconnects from the server being the most often. 

Logs: (i've restarted the game few times so I've attached every logfile from today)
    https://pastebin.com/QNqFVkx3

We were unable to find generationinfo.txt file (probably because we generated map from a seed) so i've attached only map_info.xml file:
    https://pastebin.com/CgFWDMjL

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting.

This is due to the bug with the drone causing excess data in player data .ttp file on dedicated servers,  and is fixed in A20.5 b2 experimental,   but since your player file has already been corrupted, updating to A20.5 b2 will not fix the issue. 

You will have to have the server owner delete your user files (.TTP .MAP .TTP.BAK). 

This will reset your character level back to 1,  but you will be able to enter the server again.  

Yes,  the player position rolling back is one of the issues that the drone bug was the cause of.

If you are still able to log in,  try deleting the server's drone dat file.  This will delete all drone data on the server,  but it should fix issues caused by them. 

It didn't help. Everything works fine when I'm not having my drone deployed. I tried to place it in my base and then I left with my drone, traveled about 200m and logged out. My drone disappeared completely and I was logged back in my base. 

The host switched server version to the latest experimental and deleted drones.dat file again. Main issue seems to be gone, but there is another one which is hilarious.

The drones that were gone came back along with their inventory and upgrades. All three of them are responsive and acting like normal. There is only one drone showing on jd. Reconnecting didn't fix it.spacer.pngspacer.png

Drone and vehicle positions save at a different timing from the player,  so it makes sense that the drone seemed to have disappeared.  Only the player position rolled back,  and the map and compass icon saved on the player was different from where the drone actually was at.

Anyway,  it looks like it's all good now in A20.5 b2?  The last drone may come back to you too if you go near the spot you lost her at.