• Terrain Dev Tools creating a rogue purple ball in the player's worlds.

Gako21

To the wonderful Jugginator (or alternatively anyone else reading this):

Dear, darling Jugginator, I once again have the sad duty to inform you of a new bug. Using the Terrain Dev Tools may lead into a purple ball appearing in every world the player goes. The ball follows the player until they restart their game. It can't be interacted with and can levitate if it so desires.

Game Version: A20.5 b2

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

Game mode: SP, RWG

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off? ON

Bug Description: 

When the player is using the Terrain Dev Tools (Dev:Terrain Remove Tool and Dev:Terrain Add Tool), the purple ball may stay on the ground if they move their cursor so that the tool runs out of range. It can be prevented by switching to another item on the toolbar as the ball disappears. Exiting the world with the ball still on the terrain and entering any save or world, old or new, causes that ball to appear in the world, seemingly following the player. It also seems to follow the player's altitude and appear respective to that. From what I know, the position seems to be somewhat fixed respective to the chunk the ball/player is in. The purple ball continues to appear wherever the player goes and in whatever world they are in until they restart the game. Much love and adoration!

P.S. Is this your attempt on a Shadow Orb?😄

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Go into a world.

2) Activate either the Dev:Terrain Remove Tool or Dev:Terrain Add Tool on toolbar.

3) Move cursor so that the ball disconnects from the cursor location.

4) Exit the world.

5) Enter any world.

Actual result: A similar purple ball appears on a random location and follows the player around. Something like this. Took me a while to find the ball this time.

Expected result: No purple balls anywhere to see.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Lol confirmed, thanks Gakos

For clarity, the reason it's hard to find is you need to move enough to trigger an origin reposition, which I think the ball will then spawn on the point of that origin repositioning.

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)