• Restore power host melee desync

pokaber

Summary: When sharing a restore power quest with other player, other player lost ability to hit blocks and zombies (but could still shoot and loot) after I started the generator. MP local, him hosting. This has happened twice, different tiered quests(3 and 4 I believe). First time he regained the ability to hit blocks and zombies some time after quest ended. Second time, we backed out and went back in and he could hit blocks and zombies again. The first POI this happened at was one of the new farm houses, where the generator and the loot are in the barn. The second POI this happened at was the new houses construction. The logs I have are from these. We tried again and did my shared power quest with him activating the generator, and he had no negative effect. We also did his shared power quest with me activating last generator and did replicate the bug. We didn't back out, he regained full function after about 15 minutes.

My log: https://pastebin.com/UyFMjtCp

Host log partial: https://pastebin.com/EML3nCXA (too big for either paste site, so I copied up until we backed out of the game. the bug happened shortly before this)

I can also send logs from most recent attempt if requested. I hope this helps.

•  

Game Version: (A20 b238)

Platform: (PC)

OS/Version: (Windows)

CPU Model: (AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core processor 3.60 GHz)

System Memory: (16 GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super 16G)

Screen Resolution: (NA)

Video Settings: (High)

Game mode: (MP host / MP client)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on or off? Whatever default is

Bug Description: Cannot hit blocks or zombies

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)Play MP with one person hosting.

2)Take Restore power quest

3)Share with other player

4)Have non-host activate generator, then host will have the bug

Actual result: host cannot hit blocks or zombies after nonhost turns on generator for a period of time

Expected result: Host can still hit blocks (ie dig cobblestone, break doors) and can still melee zombies

User Feedback

Recommended Comments