• Drone losing colour unless right next to it after being deployed for some time.

Gako21

To the wonderful Jugginator (or alternatively anyone else reading this)

Dear, darling Jugginator, I once again have the sad duty to inform you of a new bug. Today, I noticed that my drone's colour wasn't what I had dyed it to. Upon further inspection it turned out that the dye was only applied when I was right next to it (about a meter or so). From further away it looked like the ordinary colour the drone has. This behaviour seemed to fix itself when I picked it up and placed again. I had had the drone deployed for more than ten real-life hours if I remember correctly.

Game Version: A20.1 b6

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode: SP, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? No

Did you validate your files? No

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: The drone loses it dye colour after following the player for a while; not sure about the exact time. After that it is only visible when standing very close to the drone. Picking the drone up and setting it back into the world fixes the issue. A video of it happening; note that re-entering the world doesn't fix the issue:

https://imgur.com/a/ZIMvMxz. The drone has two cargo mods, but I don't think they affect the situation. Sadly I don't have any logs as I don't know when it exactly happened. Much love and adoration :).

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Get a drone and a dye.

2) Dye your drone in your inventory.

3) Place it in the world and start running around.

4) Continue for an unknown amount of time.

Actual result: The drone's colour reverts to normal unless stood right next to.

Expected result: The drone's colour stays dyed.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments