• UnloadUnusedAssets causes significant freezing

Riamus

Log:

https://pastebin.com/dhrGwWXn

Summary: Game appears to freeze whenever UnloadUnusedAssets occurs (combined with opening a lootable container or inventory/etc.)

Game Version: A20.6

Platform: Steam

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

GPU Model and VRAM: Radeon(TM) RX 580 (4096 MB VRAM)

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings: Medium

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? No

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Either (currently Off)

Bug Description:

Just about every 20 minutes, the game will freeze for a period of time when opening a lootable container or inventory or similar screen.  In the Pregen8k map, this could freeze for upwards of 3-4 minutes (yes, minutes).  In a RWG map, it *appears* that this freezing is usually under 10 seconds, but still happens about every 20 minutes.  That time length may vary from map to map or something else may cause the issues.  This freeze once happened long enough to disconnect me from the server.  Log info seems to track this freezing to UnloadUnusedAssets.  This bug occurs in all maps I have played, but appears to affect the Pregen8k map (or that save) more than RWG maps.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

Open a game and play normally.  After about 20 minutes, it will freeze for a period of time (usually when opening something).  Opening chests repeatedly around the 20 minute mark may help to reproduce this.  Have the F1 log open to look for the UnloadUnusedAssets line to appear.

Actual result: The game will freeze for a few seconds up to a few minutes around every 20 minutes whenever UnloadUnusedAssets occurs.  In a MP game, the game time will continue, but personal timers such as debuff timers will not advance during the freeze.

Expected result: There should be no freezing at all, but at the very least, this freezing should be little more than a stutter.

The bug posting info says for RWG to include the GenerationInfo.txt file for the RWG world, but my generated world folders don't include that file.  Perhaps that is outdated from a prior release of the game?  If there is some other info about the RWG map you need, let me know, but this applies also on the Pregen8k map.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.