• Fence Post Damage Migrating

FA_Q2

Summary: (a short description of the bug)

Game Version: 20.3 (b3)

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: Intel i5-1600K

System Memory: 16 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 3060Ti 8GB version

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings: Custom - I do not think any of the specific settings are relevant

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? From last version, Yes

Did you start a new game? N/A?

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: Electric fence post damage 

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Set up a defense with multiple electric fence posts

2) Give it a lot of time

Actual result: Incorrect fence posts that do not have enemies hitting them or are entirely unpowered are receiving damage when an unrelated post is damaging them

Expected result: Correct fence post is damaged when they are damaged by them 

I have reported this before but was unable to follow up appropriately.  I have a horde base set up that contains 10 electric fence post pairs.  They are all set up in parallel in 3 separate zones controlled by 3 separate switches but share a single generator bank.  They have been working properly up until last horde night (day 49) when the damage they receive for shocking the zeds suddenly changed posts so that the two lanes that were actively damaging the zeds were now receiving 0 damage.  Instead 2 other posts started receiving the damage, one that was right next to the line in active use and powered and another one floor up, not an end post and completely unpowered the entire time.  I have had this bug in every single version from A16 to now and it occurs every single time I have a sufficiently long game.  Further, it seems to be utterly random which post actually starts receiving the damage as I have had posts that were not connected to the system whatsoever and had zero connections with anything sometimes receiving the damage from the all other posts in the entire chunk.  Unfortunately, this is a really hard bug to reproduce so it is difficult to pin down and last time we were getting somewhere life popped up and I was never able to provide the requested files.  That time the save game was requested so I was going to attach it but the save file size is above the limit.  I have screen shots if you want them but I am unsure that those are all that useful.  I have backed up the game just after horde night before repairing so I can provide the save file and the specific block locations for the posts receiving no damage and where the damage is migrating to if you want but I would need to know how to upload it with the file size.  It is 163MB zipped.  

Log files if they are of any use: 

https://pastebin.com/FuvQp6x4

https://pastebin.com/JsvjL5mP

One file, it was also to large for pastebin to have in a single guest paste.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.