• Console Feedback

oGD4M4G3
    • Version: V 1.0 (b334)

Sorry for posting this here I had no idea where else to put in. If that's an issue then by all means remove this from the board.

1.   Controller Settings: As a controller player on both console and pc versions of 7 Days I can say its a bit weird to me that the pc controller feels better than the actual console port. The main difference that I noticed on console was having to hold down Y, I play on Xbox so I will use the Xbox buttons for all further uses, in order to use the d-pad shortcuts for scrapping, crafting and the rest of the things for items. That's very inconvenient and makes it weird given that the shortcuts are supposed to be faster than actually moving the cursor over to the button. And while on pc with a controller you can just use the shortcuts without holding down the Y button. I understand its made that way for console because you can navigate the inventory and menus using the d-pad so you couldn't easily navigate with the d-pad without accidentally crafting or scrapping something. An easy way I can see for keeping both features is to make a toggleable button to switch between the two modes, one mode being d-pad for shortcuts, and the other being using the d-pad to navigate the menus. Or have a setting you can turn off if you want the shortcuts to not require you to hold down Y which turns off d-pad menu navigation.

And I kind of like the feature of being able to quick swap back to the previous item you held in your hand from the hotbar but wish there was a way to set what item I want it to quick swap to permanently to a certain item such as my pickaxe as I think that would be a nice QoL feature that would be used a lot more than the current feature in place. Even if the quick swap would only be set to whatever is first in your hotbar even that would be better than the current system since the current quick swap usually just takes you over to the item right next to the one you're holding at that moment anyway, assuming you use the right and left bumpers to navigate your hotbar which I'm fairly certain most players do.

2.  Creative Mode Features: Another feature that console is severely lacking is the ability to fly (I know you can enter fly with a keyboard on console but I'm not including that since its not a controller feature) enter god mode/invisibility/No Clip, or use commands when on a creative world. Its also missing the debug items such as the debug SMG that instantly breaks blocks or the debug 9m Pistol. Having to basically play the game normally even on a creative for testing and messing around kind of defeats the purpose. Still needing to manually level up to get skill points, or leaving the game to change hordes over to every night and then having to wait until night just to try a horde base out in a horde is just an annoyance. 

Another feature that would be nice to also have on console is the ability to enter debug mode and view stability, heat mapping, and so on. As having the ability to view those more distinctively will help newer players understand it a bit more and just help every player who wants to see that information visibly.

3. Graphics settings/Video Settings: One feature I really wish I had on console was the ability to change certain settings such as bloom, shadows, lighting, object quality, render distance for objects, occlusion, v-sync and so on. I understand its hard to implement those settings in and not having them on launch makes sense but with Xbox having the Xbox series S and the Series X which both run a bit differently being able to tweak the settings how I want them to would just add more QoL to the console port. And also give the players on the series S the ability to maintain a more stable FPS if they wanted to or help get rid of the random stutters that occur.

4. Save Data: Its so easy to run out of save data on console. With just 3 very large chunk persistence worlds taking up the entire bar being very limiting. And it being even further limiting in that just joining someone else's world also takes away save data its hard to want to play in other worlds since you have to constantly delete older saves just to join someone else's world or create a new one yourself. The only way I can see a simplistic fix for this issue being just have 7 Days on console have more reserved Save data allowing for 2GB or 3GB or 5GB of total Save Data rather than the current 1GB. 

Overall the console 7 Days to Die port is amazing and I'm so excited to be able to play it on my console again after so many years. I hope my feedback helps add some more QoL features and a controller players perspective into light. Thank you for the amazing game and the many many hours of enjoyment I have already received from this amazing game and I hope you have an amazing rest of your day!

Disregard this portion as its just to help when players search for this exact thing and so my message will pop up and not have you all be bombarded with the same thing over and over.

Console, graphics settings, console graphics settings, console video settings, video settings, console quick swap, creative features, console creative, console creative features, Save data, console save data, dpad, d-pad, dpad shortcut, d-pad shortcut console, console shortcut dpad, console stability mode, stability, stability mode

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.