• PS5 does not load savegame ("initializing..." endlessly)

Ps5_User
    • Version: PS5 1.0 (b333)

Summary: Loading a saved game the game gets stuck when jumping to "Initializing..." after "prefab loading".

Game Version: v1.0 (b333)

OS/Version: PS5

Game mode: SP

Map: Pregen06k1

Did you validate your files? No (don't know how to do that on PS5)

Are you using any mods? No

Bug Description:

Few hours into the game at Level 53, Day 36 - clearing a Stage 4 POI in Snow Area. After getting the "The Funeral Director" trophy I logged out to take a break. When trying to login later on it fails and gets stuck at the loading screen. Tried it a second time - same problem again. Remembering the PS Plus Savegame Backup function I then tried copying a backed up (previous) state of the savegame over the most recent one (I guess the old one was shortly before horde night on Day 35). Unfortunately that does not change anything - still failing to load: it takes some time and eventually gets stuck at "initializing world..." after having finished "initializing world ... Loading prefabs". Waited more than 30 minutes, nothing happening - no error, no crash, just seeing the infinite loading animation.

Tried to change the profile and all game settings before loading - no success either. Starting a new game works (however I do not want to start again...).

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Start the game

2) Continue the savegame

3) See it getting stuck at the loading screen

Actual result: Nothing happening - "Initializing world..." (dots are animated)

Expected result: Finish loading and show the "Spawn in world" button

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just had this happen to me today, I’m on day 46 and while waiting for the zombie spawn patch to actually play with zombies on I figured I’d build my base in snow area and maybe it’s too much but after I click spawn it just gets stuck spinning at building environment? I’d hate to lose the last 3 weeks of game play.. any trick to getting around this? This is the first time it’s happened on my PS5

32 minutes ago, Guest Johnward said:

Just had this happen to me today, I’m on day 46 and while waiting for the zombie spawn patch to actually play with zombies on I figured I’d build my base in snow area and maybe it’s too much but after I click spawn it just gets stuck spinning at building environment? I’d hate to lose the last 3 weeks of game play.. any trick to getting around this? This is the first time it’s happened on my PS5

Did try all I could think of - to no avail, so I gave up and did not play since then (didn't want to restart either). Hope they look into and fix it or kind of make the initial loading ignore some errors and it works after one of the next patches... .

If you have PS Plus (any subscription), did turn on auto-backup and have not yet synchronized your newest progress you might be lucky by downloading the save state from PS Plus and giving it a try... .

... and to be honest restarting knowing this could happen anytime again is a no go. Although I like the game and its fun it feels like lost time... .

The same thing. "Initializing world", three dots blinking, save icon appear from time to time and nothing happens. At least the music plays and I read all the bottom screen Tips.

I have this issue also, 90+ hours in and the game just decided it wasn’t going to load anymore. 
    uninstalled / reinstalled, downloaded ps5 cloud save, changed map settings, force close and restart, nothing has helped!
    I don’t want to start a new game and if I can’t load my save then it’s been a bit of a waste of money. 
    hopefully a patch comes soon!

I've been stuck on building environment for days I have alot of time in to this character 

This happened a week ago on my friend's server an still no resolved

Which is why I started my own server 

I have done all the trouble from my research online an still no luck

It's there a fix for this

I have the same issue with stuck at building environment. My friends are able to load into my game and they see my gun floating in air but character is invisible. I only see the loading screen. Once my friends have loaded they can shoot me a couple of times and then I load. This started happening with me around day 53 and now I'm on day 63. I changed characters still same issue. I used original character and new game it loaded fine. Went back to first game still can't fully load unless friends join and shoot me. 

Really did not want to restart a new game and loose all progress just yet.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.