xml editing: random numbers for horde size?

flamewolf393

it depends what you are looking for exactly but i believe the spawn (summon) goes of the gamestage, not only the days in game

First ill give you some info about Gamestage and how its calculated

There is a metric which maps a player or group of players to a game stage number.

daysSurvived:

This is a running total, kept for every individual player.

Every 24 hours GAME time 1 (day) is added.

On every death "daysAliveChangeWhenKilled" is subtracted from the total.

After this the daysAlive is capped.

It is low-capped at 0, high-capped at "your player level".

At player level 41 you can have a daysSurvived value anywhere from 0 to 41.

gameStage = ( playerLevel + daysSurvived ) * gameDifficultyMultiplier

So if a player was level 10 and survived 4 days playing on the Nomad Difficulty when the game stage points are calculated the game stage points would be

gameStage = (Player Level 10 + Days Survived 4 ) X Nomad Difficulty Multiplier 1.2

The total would be 16.8 or 16 game stage points.

If the same player was level 10 and had survived 25 days and died 2x:

25 days - 2 x 2 (daysAliveChangeWhenKilled) = 21

Then daysAlive of 21 gets capped to player level so 10.

This is how the gamestage of a party is calculated:

The gamestage of all (up to) 6 players is calculated.

The players are sorted by gamestage and only the 5 highest numbers go into the calculation.

The highest GS number is multiplied by "startingWeight".

This then loops down the list and "startingWeight" is reduced by "diminishingReturns" every time.

Example:

Players with GS 120, 30, 60, 91, 5, 80.

startingWeight= 1.7, diminishingReturns=0.22

So we get

120 * 1.70 = 204

91 * 1.48 = 134

80 * 1.26 = 100

60 * 1.04 = 62

30 * 0.82 = 24

5 (is ignored)

... or a total party GS of 524

An interesting fact is that the max GS of a part or player is now KNOWN because the player level (which caps daysAlive) and diff modifier are known

and the party weight factors are known.

With default values you get up to 600 for a single lvl 150 (max) player on max difficulty and for a full party of max level players up to 1800.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

now ill show you what gamestage the screamer(scout) spawns (the list goes further than just 2 stages but ill only use 2 to show u)

this is in the Gamestages.XML

<!-- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX start: auto generated screamer / scout horde gamestages XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -->

<spawner name="ScoutGSList">

<gamestage stage="1"><spawn group="scoutHordeStageGS1" num="1" maxAlive="2" duration="1"/></gamestage>

<gamestage stage="2"><spawn group="scoutHordeStageGS2" num="1" maxAlive="3" duration="1"/></gamestage>

So this is Auto Generated from when the screamer screams....

now i may be wrong so you might want to test this but the above list is telling you the gamestage level and what group spawns when she screams in that gamestage.... num is the amount of zombies will spawn from the scoutHordeStageGS1 group, and how many can be alive at the same time... this is what i am assuming, testing it would be best

and this is from the Spawning.XML.... so the above is a auto generated script that links to the bottom auto generated script

<!-- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX start: auto generated scout horde groups XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -->

<entitygroup name="scoutHordeStageGS1"><entity name="zombieSkateboarder"/><entity name="zombieFemaleFat"/><entity name="zombieYo"/><entity name="zombieArlene"/><entity name="zombieCheerleader"/><entity name="zombieBusinessMan"/><entity name="zombieBoe"/><entity name="zombieJoe"/><entity name="zombieMarlene"/><entity name="zombieDarlene"/><entity name="zombieNurse"/></entitygroup>

<entitygroup name="scoutHordeStageGS2"><entity name="zombieSkateboarder"/><entity name="zombieDarlene"/><entity name="zombieNurse"/><entity name="zombieMoe"/><entity name="zombieJoe"/><entity name="zombieSteve"/><entity name="zombieFemaleFat"/><entity name="zombieYo"/><entity name="zombieBoe"/><entity name="zombieArlene"/><entity name="zombieBusinessMan"/></entitygroup>

as far as taking a certain zombie out, you can just delete them or add a prob=" " to give it a chance of spawning

ex: <entity name="zombieFootballPlayer" prob="0.3"/> .... you can also put 0 in the prob which will make it not spawn but you dont have to take it out of the script

i hope this helps, i havent tweaked the one i have for screamers but i did mess with the wandering horde one and it worked.

if i am wrong, i apologize lol

Good info. I was just going to dig into this so thanks for that.

About wandering hordes though, I see them defined twice. First two times in spawning.xml:

<entityspawner name="RoamingHordeSpawnDay" dynamic="true" wrapMode="wrap">
<day value="1">
	<property name="EntityGroupName" value="ZombiesAll" />
	<property name="Time" value="Any" />
	<property name="DelayBetweenSpawns" value="1" />
	<property name="TotalAlive" value="1" />
	<property name="TotalPerWave" value="1" />
</day>
<day value="2">

<entityspawner name="RoamingHordeSpawnNight" dynamic="true" wrapMode="wrap">
<day value="1">
	<property name="EntityGroupName" value="ZombiesAll" />
	<property name="Time" value="Any" />
	<property name="DelayBetweenSpawns" value="3" />
	<property name="TotalAlive" value="3" />
	<property name="TotalPerWave" value="3" />
</day>
<day value="2">

And another time in gamestages.xml with groups defined in entitygroups.xml:

<spawner name="WanderingHorde"> <!-- These will wrap around at 50. -->
<!-- Will probably have to undo that later. Rev 19924 /19944 -->
<gamestage stage="01"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS1"	num="15" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
<gamestage stage="02"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS2"	num="15" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
<gamestage stage="03"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS5"	num="16" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
<gamestage stage="04"><spawn group="ZombieDogGroup"		num="05" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>
<gamestage stage="05"><spawn group="FwanderingHordeStageGS1"	num="16" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>

Do you know if these are linked somehow or are they different things?

i know the <spawner name="WanderingHorde"> is linked to the console command spawnwh

i think the roaminghordeday and roaminghordenight are just the zombies that spawn during the game during the day and during the night

i am not sure that is linked to the wandering horde but i do know wandinghorde is linked to Spawnwh command and goes off of the gamestage of the game...

hope this helps

Archived