Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ghowriter

ghowriter

I have an xpath question... the file I am trying to append into is ui_display.xml and in this xml is a subsection <item_display></item_display> with another section called character display or something like that. The issue is I need my append to jump into the <item_display></item_display> subsection and I cannot grasp from the tutorials here how exactly to do that. Most of this makes sense to me but either I missed something or there was no specific note to append into a specific subsection.

I have tried using <append xpath="/ui_display"><item_display><item_display_info display_type="MyType" displaygroup="MyGroup"><display_entry name="myStuff"/></item_display_info></item_display></append> which I am guessing worked to enter my data at the end of ui_display because no errors or warnings showed in the F1 load log. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in game. My item's stat sheet is blank.

I know I have to append ui_display.xml and I know it needs be in the <item_display></item_display> subsection. I just dont know how to write it in xpath.

I also tried a couple other ways but cause both yellow and red errors in the log so no point detailing those attempts. Any help would be appreciated!

ghowriter

ghowriter

I have an xpath question... the file I am trying to append into is ui_display.xml and in this xml is a subsection <item_display></item_display> with another section called character display or something like that. The issue is I need my append to jump into the <item_display></item_display> subsection and I cannot grasp from the tutorials here how exactly to do that. Most of this makes sense to me but either I missed something or there was no specific note to append into a specific subsection.

I have tried using <append xpath="/ui_display"><item_display><item_display_info display_type="MyType" displaygroup="MyGroup"><display_entry name="myStuff"/></item_display_info><item_display></append> which I am guessing worked to enter my data at the end of ui_display because no errors or warnings showed in the F1 load log. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in game. My item's stat sheet is blank.

I know I have to append ui_display.xml and I know it needs be in the <item_display></item_display> subsection. I just dont know how to write it in xpath.

I also tried a couple other ways but cause both yellow and red errors in the log so no point detailing those attempts. Any help would be appreciated!

ghowriter

ghowriter

I have tried using <append xpath="/ui_display"><item_display><item_display_info display_type="MyType" displaygroup="MyGroup"><display_entry name="myStuff"></item_display_info><item_display></append> which I am guessing worked to enter my data at the end of ui_display because no errors or warnings showed in the F1 load log. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in game. My item's stat sheet is blank.