Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ZykovEddy

ZykovEddy

Hello everyone!

I have a question/criticism, regarding the POIs that come with this mod.

Is there a way to disable new POIs from spawning and only have vanilla ones instead?
Or better yet, is there a way to filter new POIs by size, author, date of creation, etc. To somehow prevent low quality ones from spawning in the world.

I'll explain why I'm asking this.

Just like Compopack, this mod adds new POIs to the world, and I've noticed that a lot of them are the ones that also exist in Compopack. And just like in Compopack, there's a problem that a lot of these "new" POIs are simply of very poor qiality. Don't get me wrong, some of them are build extrimely well and add much needed variety to the game (mostly the single ones that spawn outside of the cities). But a lot of them simply bring the whole expirience down, because of terrible layout, bad balance, lack of progression, nonsensical enemy placement, etc.

Here's a great example of such POI. This house right here. Also in compoback, and similiraly terrible there.

spacer.png

Here's some examples of awful build quality inside:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

(Why... why two TVs?)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, this house has no progression. All of the doors are locked, there's no keys, the loot placement makes no sense, enemies wake up at the same time... It's a chore to play and a pain to look at. It plays and looks absolutely terrible compared to the vanilla POIs, especially new ones from A20 and A21. And there's a ton of POIs like this in the mod.

That's my personal opinion of course. I guess some folks enjoy these POIs, that's why the author of the mod decided to include them in the game. I understand that, but personally, I feel like this mod (and compopack), could be much, much better, if the author decided to filter out the bad POIs. Some of them are also obviously out of date, as the new textures and models look wrong inside them. The worst part is that the space that these POI are occupying in the world could be used by POI that at least had some effort and talent put into it. Instead, it's a complete waste of space.

So, is there a way to filter out these bad POIs from the world generation? Or, at least, remove new POIs from spawning and leave only vanilla and the new ones that are critical to the gameplay and plot of the mod? It's my first time playing, and I'm absolutely amazed by a lot of the changes that the mod brings to the table. I love a lot of the stuff that Darkness Falls brings to the world of 7 Days to Die, but a lot of the new POIs simply spoil the experience for me.

Many thanks in advance!

ZykovEddy

ZykovEddy

Hello everyone!

I have a question/criticism, regarding the POIs that come with this mod.

Is there a way to disable new POIs from spawning and only have vanilla ones instead?
Or better yet, is there a way to filter new POIs by size, author, date of creation, etc. To somehow prevent low quality ones from spawning in the world.

I'll explain why I'm asking this.

Just like Compopack, this mod adds new POIs to the world, and I've noticed that a lot of them are the ones that also exist in Compopack. And just like in Compopack, there's a problem that a lot of these "new" POIs are simply of very poor qiality. Don't get me wrong, some of them are build extrimely well and add much needed variety to the game (mostly the single ones that spawn outside of the cities). But a lot of them simply bring the whole expirience down, because of terrible layout, bad balance, lack of progression, nonsensical enemy placement, etc.

Here's a great example of such POI. This house right here. Also in compoback, and similiraly terrible there.

https://imgur.com/yhQw65Bspacer.png

Here's some examples of awful build quality inside:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

(Why... why two TVs?)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, this house has no progression. All of the doors are locked, there's no keys, the loot placement makes no sense, enemies wake up at the same time... It's a chore to play and a pain to look at. It plays and looks absolitely terrible compared to the vanilla POIs, especially new ones from A20 and A21. And there's a ton of POIs like this in the mod.

That's my personal opinion of course. I guess some folks enjoy these POIs, that's why the author of the mod decided to include them in the game. I understand that, but personally, I feel like this mod (and compopack), could be much, much better, if the author decided to filter out the bad POIs. Some of them are also obviously out of date, as the new textures and models look wrong inside them. The worst part is that the space that these POI are occupying in the world could be used by POI that at least had some effort and talent put into it. Instead, it's a complete waste of space.

So, is there a way to filter out these bad POIs from the world generation? Or, at least, remove new POIs from spawning and leave only vanilla and the new ones that are critical to the gameplay and plot of the mod? It's my first time playing, and I'm absolutely amazed by a lot of the changes that the mod brings to the table. I love a lot of the stuff that Darkness Falls brings to the world of 7 Days to Die, but a lot of the new POIs simply spoil the experience for me.

Many thanks in advance!