Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Similar

Similar

3 hours ago, H7dek7 said:

Does "crops need water" work like in A13 and previous patches (i.e. make your farm near a lake)?

There are rain catchers you can craft, and if you have Master Farmer, also an irrigation system with pipes, pumps and also grow lamps, for underground farms (don't know if everything is in B22 yet).

You can dig the rain catchers into the ground (3x1 trench, dig the middle block out, so it's two blocks down, and put the rain catcher in the hole) and plant the crops around them.

I usually make a 7x7x2 frame of cobble or concrete (don't try dirt; it won't hold the farm plots...) holding a 5x5 of farm plot blocks, over a 5x5 of empty space, and then a single block hole in the center of the dirt 'under' the empty space where the rain catcher resides. More expensive (I start gathering rotting flesh on the first day of a new game), but I feel it's easier to manage.

Regarding WRS, all 5 quests available for me (kill nurses/cable guys/tourists) were almost in the same spot (300-400 meters north from the trader) - if it's intended, it should be changed, because in our case it meant radiated zone.

Those quests usually seem to be placed in the wilderness, away from cities and, usually (?), POIs. Outside of that the direction appears to be pretty random.

Maybe there aren't that many places the system can put yours in the area you're in?

Granted, my trader is around 250 meters from the edge of a snow biome and it does seem eager to put all sorts of quests in there, which is a problem because I don't have clothes or mods or vehicles so far, nor weapons to deal with snow biome wild life. There's a whole forest biome town where it could put clear/fetch quests and plenty of open forest space for Scout quests, but nope. So sometimes it's just evil, I think.

Similar

Similar

Does "crops need water" work like in A13 and previous patches (i.e. make your farm near a lake)?

There are rain catchers you can craft, and if you have Master Farmer, also an irrigation system with pipes, pumps and grow lamps for underground farms (don't know if everything is in B22 yet).

You can dig the rain catchers into the ground (3x1 trench, dig the middle block out, so it's two blocks down, and put the rain catcher in the hole) and plant the crops around them.

I usually make a 7x7x2 frame of cobble or concrete (don't try dirt; it won't hold the farm plots...) holding a 5x5 of farm plot blocks, over a 5x5 of empty space, and then a single block hole in the center of the dirt 'under' the empty space where the rain catcher resides. More expensive (I start gathering rotting flesh on the first day of a new game), but I feel it's easier to manage.

Regarding WRS, all 5 quests available for me (kill nurses/cable guys/tourists) were almost in the same spot (300-400 meters north from the trader) - if it's intended, it should be changed, because in our case it meant radiated zone.

Those quests usually seem to be placed in the wilderness, away from cities and, usually (?), POIs. Outside of that the direction appears to be pretty random.

Maybe there aren't that many places the system can put yours in the area you're in?

Granted, my trader is around 250 meters from the edge of a snow biome and it does seem eager to put all sorts of quests in there, which is a problem because I don't have clothes or mods or vehicles so far, nor weapons to deal with snow biome wild life. There's a whole forest biome town where it could put clear/fetch quests and plenty of open forest space for Scout quests, but nope. So sometimes it's just evil, I think.