Switchable graphics fix (tutorial)

ImpavidTurtle

Hello

In this tutorial I am going to show you how to get the game to work on your dedicated graphics card (later in text DGPU).

This will only work on laptops which have both an integrated and a dedicated graphics card.

Before doing this make sure 7 Days to Die is set to run on the DGPU in your graphics driver. Tutorial for this is on the bottom of the post. I will not do this part for Nvidia since I cannot confirm which way of doing it is correct.

Tutorial for running the game in fullscreen (which is what enables you to run it on your DGPU):

Step 0 only applies if you want to run the game on a resolution which is lower than your screens native resolution. (for example running the game on 1280x720 on a 1600x900 screen)

0. Set the resolution of you screen to the desired resolution BEFORE running the game. If you do not know how to do this, google is your friend. (It would take too much time for me to write it for every windows)

1. Run Steam and go to your library

2. Right click on "7 Days to Die" and select "Show game launcher"

3. In game launcher under "Game start options" check the box next to "Exclusive Fullscreen Mode"

4. Click "Run & Save as default" so you don't have to do this every time before you run the game

1250546715_tutorial2.png.ec3e93ff5f6b737abf5af0ceb4b5261f.png

NOTE: You may experience an error when quitting the game. Closing the error window will close the game.

Setting the game to run on DGPU for AMD: (steps 00 are for users who have AMD Radeon settings (crimson driver); step 01 is for users who have older drivers (Catalyst Control Center))

00. Right click on your desktop and select "AMD Radeon settings"

00. Click preferences on the bottom then "Radeon Additional Settings" (later in text RAS)

01. Right click on your desktop and select "Catalyst Control Center" (later in text CCC)

Next few steps may differ, but the principle is the same.

1. On the left side of RAS or CCC, depending on what you have, navigate to power settings.

2. Set all global settings to "high performance" or "maximize performance" (it is recommended to set these only for when the laptop is plugged in)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23843[/ATTACH]

3. Go to "Switchable Graphics Application Settings"

4. If 7DaystoDie.exe is not listed you need to add it. Once you add it set it to "high performance".

(the location of the .exe is: \Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaystoDie.exe)

2043034881_amdtut5.PNG.d0536a73942668f6c94a7788bcb51125.PNG

Specifications of my laptop for reference:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i5 3210M with Intel HD4000 integrated graphics

AMD Radeon HD7670M

Driver:

Radeon Software Version 16.2.1

Driver Packaging Version 15.301.1901-160226a-318062E

• 1 year later...

Archived