Renamed random world save folder and now terrain is a mess

Muriel

I thought the seed for the random world generation was only used on first creation. After inhabiting the world for a while I changed the name of the save folder to be something more pleasing to the eyes.

After some base building I decided to explore some more, and to my horror the terrain was now a complete mess (outside of the region I was in).

As you can see in this screenshot there is a huge hole in the world!

20180113205529_1.thumb.jpg.a381246872e321813efb4a6ef570e72a.jpg

I guess that's because the random world generated by the new name has a lake at that location.

After renaming the folder back to the original name, then deleting all the files in AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Random Gen\MySave\Region (except the one containing my base) the world was almost back to normal, except the big hole in the ground in the screenshot, which I gathered was because it was in the same region as my base.

Is there a valid way of fixing issues like this?

just with a dedicated version, cause you need modded files for that. download the dedicated version and take the same seed in the config.

-start the server (for generating files)

-close the server

-copy the regionfiles from the savegame to the dedicated

after that, download https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69772-djkrose-s-Scripting-Mod

and put it on the dedicated server (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Mods).

Start your server and connect to him. fly to the region, pres F1 (console) and write "dj-regen". It resets small zones of it (5x5 blocks...) around your char, dont do it near your base.

-copy that region to your singleplayer game

or just add me in steam and send me your regionfile + config.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987392733/

OR make a big swimmingpool :p

hard but it works

Archived